At the risk of being seriously flamed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minisaremighty

Reaction score
is NOT a football/Super Bowl fan? I tell ya, we get sooooooo sick of this EVERY year.
default_frusty.gif
: EVERYONE asks us who we are rooting for.
default_thumbdown.gif
: We ask whose playing? :bgrin If they don't respond with the city, then say we don't even know where those teams are from! LOL!
default_whistling.gif
: The ONLY reason I know who one of the teams playing this year are is because I live in Oregon and everyone keeps talking about the Seahawks (and yes, I actually do know where THEY are from! LOL!!
default_wink.png
: ). Still couldn't tell you who the other team is though!
default_shutup.gif
:

Just gets old for that very small minority of American who really don't care.
default_wacko.png
: The ONLY good thing I can say about it is that it is the ONLY weekend we EVER go shopping!
default_thumbup.gif
: The crowds are minimal!! :aktion033: We never weekend shop because of crowds.

OK, off to get my flame-proof suit on!!!!
default_torch.gif
:

LOL.. I dont particularly care for football either but I do know where the teams are from and just to let you know the other team is the STEELERS and they are from PITTSBURGH PENNSYLVANIA!! only reason I know this is B/c we have this annoying song on the radio that repeats it over and over "Pittsburgh's going to the super bowl" it is annoying as heck and gets stuck in your head.

I know you're not the only one out there. I only care (and minimally, at that) if a team is playing that I like...

GO SEAHAWKS!!! :new_shocked:

other team is the STEELERS and they are from PITTSBURGH PENNSYLVANIA!!
default_poke.gif
:
default_shutup.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
: [SIZE=18pt]NO!!!!! I didn't want to know!!!!![/SIZE]
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Now, see, I thought the COLT'S (wherever they are from) were playing because I happened to be in the room when Good Morning America just announced their biggest football fan winner and it's some 77 year old woman that is a Colt's fan.

default_wink.png
:

MOVE OVER KATHY! :lol: I'm with you! I don't know who the other team is either!

Maybe we should have a "NON" Super Bowl Party! Or maybe Sunday would be a good day to go shopping, because everyone else will be glued to their Boob-Tubes!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

MA

I find I can't get into the regular football season much, but I love the playoffs and of course the Superbowl! I was rooting for the Colts to make it though. Darned idiot kicker!

LOL.. I dont particularly care for football either but I do know where the teams are from and just to let you know the other team is the STEELERS and they are from PITTSBURGH PENNSYLVANIA!! only reason I know this is B/c we have this annoying song on the radio that repeats it over and over "Pittsburgh's going to the super bowl" it is annoying as heck and gets stuck in your head.
[SIZE=18pt]Not a big football fan here. :no: I do like to see what kind of weird commercials will be running during the Super Bowl, though!
default_yes.gif
: We are located in Pennsylvania, about 2 hours from Pittsburgh, so yeah, that STUPID song is on the radio ALL THE TIME!!!!! :new_shocked: It is driving me ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!!!
default_wacko.png
: I can't wait until it's over! Although, my hubby said with our luck, the Steelers will win and they will change the song to Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl and play it all the time!
default_sad.png
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I can't take the madness!!!!! :lol:
[/SIZE]

You're not alone! We don't usually watch even one minute of football or any other sport (well, I watch show jumping and some horse racing) in a year's time.

On the up side, if you have anything to do like shopping, the malls and stores are generally fairly empty during the game.

We are watching this year, though not singularly, the game will be on while we have some friends over maybe to watch/hang out.

Liz M.

I sure don't know the names of the teams :lol: No, won't be watching, only complaining about the one hour game that will compromise TV for over 6 hours.

I can tell you this, my husband liked to watch the Sunday games on occassion -- not a die hard at all -- and I found it to be a great time to do things that ONLY I enjoyed, sewing usually.

Actually, I'm working Sunday. So, won't care about it at all.
default_wink.png
:

We'll this here is a huge football family.. I have a hubby that watches it all season, usually just monday night football unless of course it is a playoff game.. we watch alot of college football too.. And oh yes, as soon church is over we will be at home watching the game!!! But we have never looked down on anyone that isn't into football.. we aren't into nascar racing and that is huge here in the south, by the way we could do without some of the commercials during the superbowl though.. especially all the alcohol ones
default_wacko.png
:

NOPE! I can't STAND watching football! At any time of year. You can't force me to watch it! GAG! [SIZE=8pt]I'm not a big hockey fan either[/SIZE] Shhhh....don't tell the other canadians LOL I only watch the olympic hockey and major juniors, and the odd game live at the local arena.

We don't watch any sports here either, especially professional (I do not believe what they do is worth what they get paid for and see far too many players on the news for this or that crime
default_wacko.png
: )

We don't watch any motorsports either. Well, on occasion, hubby watches drag racing (he used to drag race years and years ago) but that's it.

I think I will indulge in some shopping with my husband. :aktion033: However, last year, we found that the stores weren't as empty until AFTER the actual game started. Guess not everyone watches the hours of pre-game stuff. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
NOPE! I can't STAND watching football! At any time of year. You can't force me to watch it! GAG! [SIZE=8pt]I'm not a big hockey fan either[/SIZE] Shhhh....don't tell the other canadians LOL I only watch the olympic hockey and major juniors, and the odd game live at the local arena.
Don't worry--I'm not a big (or even a small, for that matter!) hockey fan either. Or a football fan. I do enjoy superbowl parties for the beer and food, though... :bgrin

Actually, my boyfriend has been trying to make me into a hockey fan, and I do enjoy going to the games now, but I still don't like watching them on TV.

Well, I'm with you, Kathy! Even though I'm Canadian, I couldn't care less about hockey, football, baseball, basketball or any other sport that doesn't involve horses. I heard on the radio this morning something about the Steelers being one of the teams in the Stupid Bowl, but didn't know who the other one was until I read your post. HaHa!! We never watch sports in this house, but my husband will probably want to watch at least part of the game so he'll be able to join in the conversations at work on Monday morning.

definitely not one here! I live in Green Bay Packer country (I really shouldnt even admit that after the way they played this year
default_wink.png
: ) and we also have a few Packers with homes right up the road from us. I could care less, there no differant then we are! NOPE not a football, baseball, hockey, basketball fan hear at all. Bob watches the games, but is no Packer fan either. Corinne

My hubby and I know nothing about any sport or sports team and I thought we were the only ones in the world not interested!! Nice to know we aren't the only ones.

Bonnie

PARTY POOPERS!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS.....HERE WE GO.....PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL.....HERE WE GO!!!!!! :aktion033: :lol: :bgrin :new_multi: :488:

Now all we have to do is WIN!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back