Area V Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, I have found something to murder the fire ants. It is called Over N Out, and I buy it at Sutherlands, a home improvement store. It is $25 a container, and kills them in a few days. They do not move, they DIE. I used it about 2 months ago on about 2 acres yard, and I am just now seeing ants again.

And A trick I use for wasp nests, put Dawn, or some other liquid dish soap in a pail of water. Make sure it is bubbly. Take that water, and chunk it at the nest. The wasps literally fall in the grass. The soap weights them down, and they cannot fly. Then that ball peen hammer JWC has will work wonders for those boogers.

I cannot help with the heat.
default_torch.gif
It will be near 100 again today.. We only had a couple of days relief, and then scorching again.

I am glad the show went ok., even with the record heat.

I found the facility to be one of the better facilities that I‘ve been to and with the improvements that they are planning I feel that this will be an exceptional arena to hold shows at. The grounds workers were ALWAYS helpful and made sure that we had everything that we needed and have gone as far as to make a special announcement on Saturday morning to introduce themselves and to let us know that they appreciated us being there and that if we had any problems or suggestions to please let them know so that they can fix it. Keeping in mind that the facility and show management can not be held accountable for nature (heat, ants ect.). The show staff, in particular, the gate man was about the nicest gate person who made sure to repeatedly tell people that there was plenty of ice cold water and cups available right there at the gate entrance to make sure that every one stayed well hydrated. He was on the ball being very attentive to everyone that he saw. I understand that we were to show in the air condition and mistakes happen. When Saturday afternoon rolled around at the pizza party, the grounds staff busted their back sides to get everything moved into the coliseum so that we could show in the ac on Sunday. We were experiencing an UNUSALLY hot spell for this time of year and where we were located we didn’t have any bug problems, not even many flies. Our barn had a nice breeze blowing through it and we took plenty of fans for the horses and ourselves knowing that they were going to be in box stalls. At the end of our isle was a huge shade tree in which we set up some mats and our chairs for all who wanted to stop by and say hi to enjoy. I am looking forward to showing there again at Congress.
default_yes.gif
default_saludando.gif

Folks I still need help in getting these durn ants to line up and march across the anvil. Anyone have any ideas PLEASE let me know.
default_hot.gif
default_poke.gif
default_wacko.png

By the way Terri, how is your Mom? She told me she had lyme disease. Hope the show and the heat weren't too much for her. I really admire her for her spunk and for being there.
She is doing great, we kept dropped her off at the hotel or in the air conditioned arena most of the time. For those that do not know my Mom she is 77 years old. There is no way we could go to a show and leave her behind, I always jokingly say we would have to take a big stick and beat her off the truck while we were leaving.
default_laugh.png
We are headed off to another one this weekend, leaving Friday, and she'll be there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just hate the people that are reading this topic to think that the facility is sub-standard, or that Ardmore is not a quaint town. As we are all aware that Congress will be held there next year, I really don't want people to get a bad idea from this thread. I agree with Stacie, this is one of the nicer facilities that I have shown. I am super excited about Congress 2010 being located there. The facility people could have not been nicer. The grounds were very well maintained and clean. No one can help that OK was going through a very unusual heat wave, but that could be expected anywhere at anytime. I am sure that some northern states may have an unusual cold front come in when least expected... Mother Nature doing her work.

I would even repack and go again this weekend if they were having another show there. Not many facilities have Big A_ _ Fans in the arena, or bathrooms and showers in every barn. The only thing I would have changed.... for the show to be about 3 days longer!!!!!

Heat waves happen. But that isn't really the point of some of the irritation....more of some thought they would be showing in the A/C the entire weekend. Hey, when Congress went to St. Louis 2-3 years ago, we were all told it was "climate controlled". Well, us Texans thought that meant A/C! Nope, just meant they could WARM the arena up when it got cold.......doesn't help when St. Louis was going through it's own heat wave at the time that was causing power failures! It's all relative and sh!t happens!

Latest posts

Back