Are these poisonous to horses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gini

Reaction score
With all the rains we've been having out here the toads are out. I know their poisonous to dogs and you have to be careful if your dog gets a hold of one to wash the mouth out thoroughly.

I found 3 in my dwarfs pen and I was wondering if they mouth these toads could they be harmful to them? I've never had this problem before as the other horses ignore them.

rivertoad.jpg

One ugly toad!!!!

After watching my dog after toads I wouldn't think a mini would be get a chance to mouth one. They don't seem to care a whole lot for up close and personal attention like that and really do try to get away. Have no idea whether or not they'd be poisonous.

Last edited by a moderator:
last time i checked horses dont eat meat. get some sleep please.
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Sweetie.........YOU NEED SOME SLEEP.......I know what you've been living through......
default_saludando.gif

Since when do horses eat toads? I doubt any of them will be interested.

Now, if your DOGS were going for a toad? I'd answer differently!

PS. I apologize for Brianna.........She was parroting me. Gini, you need to get some rest with all that is on your plate.

Hugs.

Sweetie.........YOU NEED SOME SLEEP.......I know what you've been living through......
default_saludando.gif

Since when do horses eat toads? I doubt any of them will be interested.

Now, if your DOGS were going for a toad? I'd answer differently!

PS. I apologize for Brianna.........She was parroting me. Gini, you need to get some rest with all that is on your plate.

Hugs.
Donna, Ma, and Bri

Don't mean eat but just mouth. These guys mouth everything just worried about getting the transfer to the mouth..

We have toads all over the place.

One of their favorite haunts is under our night light on the end of the barn. They are very effective bug eaters and I encourage each and every one. Anything that diminishes the bug population is a plus. If I think that one is in danger of being stepped on I just pick it up and move it to another area.

I have never had a horse try to mess with one or eat one. I dont think that is a worry.
default_smile.png

Back