arab type minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ONLY miniature horse i've ever seen that could pass as an arabian type miniature horse is Little Kings Buck Easy owned by McCabe training Center (pics at www.mccabetrainingcenter.com). He is the closest i have found that resembles an arab.
Well the only horse I have seen IN PERSON WITH MY OWN EYES..........who most closely resembles an arabian would be Sierra Dawn Uno's Monarch but hey I only have 20 years of arabians under my belt
default_wink.png
: and even he was lacking in some areas..............

Arabians are not merely heads, nor stance, nor gingered tails............there is a presence ........an arrogance.....an all knowingness............until you have done time with the breed you cannot understand it...........mind you this is my own impression and experience........if you want to see some of the top arab blood in the world please ask our dear Carol (vertical Limits) to show you what an arab is........and if you know a miniature that can fit that please let me know
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
:

Until then I will continue to look for the most Miniature looking miniature
default_wink.png
: :bgrin

Rori, spot on
default_thumbup.gif
:

A Mini is a Mini- there is NO way we are ever going to get a Miniature Arabian- the proportions just are not possible.

I shall continue to try!!

I shall strive to achieve.

But the most you can ever hope for is an Arabian type Mini.

No Mini at present has the attributes.

Long, long legs.

Long long neck.

Just for starters AND I do not mean stood up and posed for a picture- I mean loose in the paddock, naturally standing.

In an Arab it is all there, it does not have to be set up and stretched out.

In short, you never have to make an Arab look like an Arab, it just is.

There is no Mini alive or dead that is or was.

Sorry, just not going to happen.

Arabians are not merely heads, nor stance, nor gingered tails............there is a presence ........an arrogance.....an all knowingness............until you have done time with the breed you cannot understand it...........mind you this is my own impression and experience........if you want to see some of the top arab blood in the world please ask our dear Carol (vertical Limits) to show you what an Arab is........and if you know a miniature that can fit that please let me know
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
:

Until then I will continue to look for the most Miniature looking miniature
default_wink.png
: :bgrin
Good morning everyone! I just got home from showing all week and I have been asked to comment by a number of people. Yes, as some of you know I show Arabs (sorry to sound like a broken CD to some) for a living and have done so since 1971. This topic has come up at least 100 times before and is another source of constant amazement to me. And for the 100th time there is not a mini alive that looks like an Arab. I understand where you want to call your Minis, "Arabian TYPE" and that's fine......kind of. But what you are looking at are not Arabian headed minis, but PONY headed minis. As for the rest of the "Arab thing" it makes me giggle as there is no comparison between the two. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Arab TYPE goes WAY deeper than a head, just as runamuk pointed out.

Normally I would go on and post pictures......any one that would like to send me a picture of a so called Arab mini may do so and I will show them a comparison. There just really isn't any comparison. The proportions are all wrong for starters just like Jane posted.

And again for the 100th time.........if you want an mini that looks like an Arab why don't you just buy and Arab? And Erica and Susanne couldn't have said it better either. Go back and re-read their posts. You all need to think about breeding for the best "MINIS" you can breed rather then worry about what "other" breed it looks like.

Be proud of Miniature Horses and try not to make them something they are NEVER going to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are just "my type", the horses I like to raise and bred - not really arab, quater horse, TWH ext..........just my miniatures, but I do love their heads, necks, bodies and just their look. You can see more on my site (which is getting some updates this week)

Here is one of my babies from this year that I just love -

eebc0596.jpg
Gotta tell you Erica, I LOVE your *type* too!!!

love, Love, LOVE my little Peanut!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Nancy
default_smile.png

[SIZE=12pt]Here's as close as they get to being miniature Arabians![/SIZE]

This is Multi- National Champion 26 3/4 ' NFC's Quicksilver :aktion033: :aktion033:

th_bee70885.jpg

Carol is right--those that do look somewhat Arab, are actually more Welsh than Arab--I still have not seen one, even in a photo, that is much like an Arab at all. Now is the time, Carol, to post one of your gorgeous Arab photos again! :aktion033: No comparison--I know that in advance!!

Thanks guys! I really don't like to post pictures of the Arabs because this is not an Arabian board. But for those that have asked here are a few that will be competing this year and some that have already made their mark in the breed. Some of these photos do not show leg which is one of the MAJOR differences between Miniature horses and Arabians.

And Minimor, thank you! Yes, you can compare the heads to Welsh more than to Arabs.

First of all here is a picture of UNANIMOUS TWO TIME National Champion Stallion (many other World titles) and current reigning National Champion Stallion Marwan Al Shaqab. He is owned by the Emir of Qatar and managed and shown by Michael Byatt Arabians. He is one of the nicest horses I have ever had the pleasure of being around.

marwan_al_shaqab.jpg

This is a photo of one of Marwan's yearling colts, QR Marc. This horse is owned by Rohara Arabians and will be shown in the yearling Sweepstakes by John Rannenburg. He was unanimous Region 14 Champion Sweepstakes colt. We will also have other colts and fillies by Marwan in the Sweepstakes but I have no pictures online of them.

QRMarc_001.jpg

This is a photo of Major Jamaal owned by Taylor Arabians. He will be competing in Stallion Halter with Michael at the lead.

major_jamaal_trot.jpg

Here is Al Adeed Al Shaqab. 2005 Supreme Champion Stallion at the Egyptian Event. He is also owned by the Emir of Qatar (Al Shaqab Stud) Shown and managed by Michael Byatt Arabians

al_aadeed3.jpg

Another one of my favorites is Besson Carol who has a number of National titles. Also shown and managed by Michael Byatt Arabians.

bessonScotts.jpg

My own personal entry will be the horse in my avatar. He will be shown by Michael Byatt in Half Arabian Halter Geldings.

Hope you enjoyed seeing the photos.

Carol

Oh my, that Besson Carol is my pick, I do like that horse!

All the "Arabian in Miniature" owners--let's see you come up with a Mini that looks like that :lol:

sigh

Those pics bring a lump to my throat, and a tear to my eye...such beauty.

I saw some very beautiful miniatures at the World show last year, but none came even remotely close to those.

Some great comments coming through on this subject.
default_smile.png

I saw some very beautiful miniatures at the World show last year, but none came even remotely close to those.
See Brigid, that is the whole point. They are not remotely close and to compare is just doing an injustice to the Miniature horse. Yes, there are those who "RESEMBLE" an Arab.........maybe. I personally would rather see comparisons made with Welsh ponies. But if you want an Arab, buy an Arab. If you want a Miniature horse than be PROUD of the fact that you own a Miniature horse and do not try to make it into something it will never be. It's just a lot of hype people use to sell horses and if you want to get sucked up into all the hype......oh well.

Alison, I was only at Dorian once and that was WAY BACK in the very early 1970's. They have long been out of the business but they did breed some nice Egyptian Arabians. The farm was in such a beautiful setting. Massachusetts is so beautiful...........and so cold :cold: ........which BTW sounds really good to me right now! :lol: We all nearly died showing this week in the 102 degree Georgia heat. And we go back again this week to show in Perry, Ga. Talk about roasted.
default_torch.gif
:

And thanks for the kind words on the horses!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, to me, the object of breeding miniatures is to breed a scaled-down version of a full-size HORSE.

Not Arab, not QH, not anything in particular, although it may have 1 or 2 "characteristics" of those, or other, breeds.

Getting the actual conformation in proportion should be the primary consideration.

Maybe someone could invent a "scale up" computer programme, you could put your horse into it, and see exactly what it would look like as full-size :bgrin :lol:

Might be very telling... :new_shocked:
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back