Appy's!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Palomino~

Reaction score
I am sure this has been posted before, but I would like to see some more appy's! If it is buckskin or palomino appy, then thats even better!!!

Thanks!!

-Gage-

Eddited to add: If anyone knows anyone who owns a buckskin appalosa mare, named Spirit, please e-mail me at [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Wish I HAD a appy to post Gage - oh well - some day![/SIZE]

luvmycritters said:
[SIZE=14pt]Wish I HAD a appy to post Gage - oh well - some day![/SIZE]
489601[/snapback]

I am with you! Someday I will though!

Well these are not buckskin or palimino but they are appy's
flirt.gif

This first is "Spangles" a grayed silver app

f887bdcd.jpg

Then we have "Ringo" co-owned with Erica here on the forum, a silver grulla app, I love his nose.

f3060ee5.jpg

BTW we are going to cross these two together in 2006, if we can. LOL Ringo measures 31 and Spangles is 36.5
new_shocked.gif

This is a 2004 foal "Sugar", she was sold as a weanling to friends here in Arkansas

f968d7d7.jpg

A 2001 foal "Ziggy", shown with my daughter, he now lives in Alabama with two little girls that tell me they are enjoying him bunches.

f306f4e7.jpg

Last, our 2005 foal "Trigger" who will have to be sold eventually but I just can't seem to bring myself to put him up yet. He is our pick of the year for the most spoiled. He just eats attention up. You can do just about anything you want to with him and he has such a sweet baby face.
wub.gif
This one will be hard to sell.

f34c83f5.jpg

I need to take some more recent pictures of him. I can't find any since the newborn pics.

I have two "full fledged" appaloosa minis, one with very strong appy characteristics, and one on the wait and see list.

This is Appy Hollow Jack of Diamonds, who is my yearling leopard gelding. He comes from Appy Hollow Farm / Rhapsody Rhodes who is a member here and he is a really nice boy!

Jack%20--%20Horses%20and%20Dogs%20--%2009302005%20027.jpg

Then this is Silver Spotted Banana of Circle M (AMHA) / Whinny For Me's Polkadot Perfection (AMHR) or just "Spirit" as she is known to herself and others. She is a near leopard silver dapple appy mare and of all my horses, I think I love her color the most. (note: she has happily gained weight since this picture which is a couple years old)

Spirit%20----%2005-02-2004%20014.jpg

And this is my silver - buckskin - dun - appaloosa mare, Whinny For Me's Firefly. Firefly has spots all over her private places and her muzzle, the appy eye thing, and striped hooves. Everything but spots on her body! But has much going on with the silver gene, cream dilute gene, and dun factor.

FIREFLY%20--%2006262005%20--%201.jpg

Also, I own a 1/2 brother to Terri & Erica's Ringo, Erica's Gone and DunIT. As far as I can tell, DunIT is not showing any appy characteristics at this point, but I think they took awhile to show up on Ringo so we shall see. They share the same appy dam and are grandsons of Yellow Diamond Little Feather and great-grandsons of Hemlock Brooks Egyptian King:

DunIT--10142005--4.jpg

Toyland Macho Chips, my pure Falabella leopard stallion:

Chips.gallop.sm.jpg

My new snowcap stallion Starchief Appy Dans Blanket Bingo, he is 50% Falabella.

Bingo.7-12-05.jpg

2005 blanket appy filly Crayonbox Midnight Colors, sired by Chips above. She is 78% Falabella:

Colors.back.7-9-05.jpg

2005 black pintaloosa colt Crayonbox Wild West Surprise, sired by Chips and 50% Falabella:

Wildwest.trt.2.resize.jpg

Ok, can't resist. Here's some of our kids. Our herd is all app except for 3 pinto mares. So, not listing names. Gets to be a big job! (OK, I've come back to list names since everybody else did!)

dottiemerlinheads.jpg

Moss Grove IC Spots & Little Wee Bandito's Magical Merlin

gwengoodfront0905.jpg

Little Wee Lady Gueneviere

spotrightshed.jpg

Dawgpatch Appy Go Lucky

wc04fillyoutside.jpg

Little Wee Whispered Promise

joyfield01.jpg

Little Wee Klassic Showgirl

spotpru04smallerjpg.jpg

Little Wee I'm a Freckled Feather Too with my Dear Prudence

vegasright01.jpg

Little Wee Vegas Lights

Ok, that's enuff for now!! Hope you like 'em. We truly have spotted fever!

Here are a few of ours.........

Yashica Light Vant Huttenest (at age 21), son of Orion Light Vant Huttenest

Yashica234right.jpg

Some of his sons............

Baymont250.jpg

lfc_toym.jpg

LittlePrince250.jpg

And a couple of our broodmares.........

Elite.jpg

Jane285.jpg

Oh I forgot to add::::::::::WOOHOO!! You folks have some gorgeous appys!! Love em all. -----------k
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
yes.gif

Her's one of our broodmares: Nairobi-N

nairobi_juni_2005_minipaardje_0360.jpg

nairobi_juni_2005_minipaardje_0160.jpg

One of our two year olds, our girl Tainy:

tainy_miniatuur_paarden_miniaturehorses_0440.jpg

And our palomino appy foal A Confetti Kiss (colt) from this year:

a_confetti_kiss_minipferd_0250.jpg

aktion033.gif
Very nice such a spotted thread!

saludando.gif

nairobi_juni_2005_minipaardje_0400.jpg

85_body.jpg

Appys are my
wub.gif
. Here is one of my stallions Mountain High Tigger Two. He is bred to 17 appy mares so 2006 should be a colorful foal season.

Cnv0344.jpg

These are a few of mares bred to Tigger.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Nancy/Cnv0232.jpg

Cnv0206.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Nancy/Cnv0435.jpg[/img

I need to cut down so some of these I will be finding new homes.

Cnv0435.jpg

Cnv0232.jpg

Cnv0150.jpg

just had to clip this boy to see his pattern he is a palomino appy

these are some of my fillies and colts . some will be looking for new homes .

Cnv0435.jpg

Cnv0339.jpg

this filly has color hiding under the fuzzy hair so here is a buckskin appy.LOL

Cnv0121.jpg

appyfillysomespotsonrump.jpg

Cnv0021.jpg

Well he is half appy and half pinto.LOL

Cnv0330SpotMeAbuck.jpg

this is a bigger boy but, he is appy AND a grandson of Buckeroo

Cnv1750.jpg

and here is an older stallion he is a son of Komokos Chief Running Brave . He is looking for a new home where he can have his own little group of girls we have too many stallions so Apachie doesn't have any girls.

I have lots more but don't have pictures.

I'll bet you all are glad of that.LOL

Sorry to post so many but appys are my favorate and I couldn't resist.

Woops I forgot to say everyone here have beautiful appys hope to see a lot more.
aktion033.gif

Here's a palomino appy for you--he's looking a little grubby and this doesn't show his spots as well as I'd like, but it's the only photo we took of him this year--

Scooter_aug05.JPG

Here is my snowcap stallion Little Americas Tex Lil Feather and one of his foals

Zachary Farms Lil Peekaboo Feather.

Tex1.JPG

peekaboonew1.JPG

I like this thread! Everyone has such pretty Appys. Nancy, I LOVE yours! That bay pintaloosa is gorgeous!

Here is my mare, Blue Diamond Mercury Blues (Sabrina). This mare has soo much going on genetically. She is a bay Appy roan, plus she is also a true roan..as testified to by her having a solid black roan filly two years ago. She has lacing, reverse dapples,counter shading, and a frosted blanket. She also has a facial marking that AMHR is calling "flame" that changes each year. It sheds out and comes back a different shape
new_shocked.gif

This is with the true black roan filly

hq0.jpg

and one showing her markings

SabrinaColor.jpg

Here is Windy, who is also in my avatar
Windy.jpg

This is Windy's son, Blue Diamond Inherit the Wind (Scamp) 30". He is a roan, but has spots over his rump that I hope will show up better one day

hq7.jpg

Another son, Blue Diamond Caribbean Wind (Jack) 29". He is black bay with lightning marks on his legs

Jack8mos2004.jpg

And, Windy's last daughter, Blue Diamond Dream Catcher JS (Dreamy) 30" , who is going to be wildly colored . This was taken this spring. She is now roan and has black and white spots
aktion033.gif

Dreamy2005.jpg

aktion033.gif

Nancy said:
Woops I forgot to say everyone here have beautiful appys hope to see a lot more.
aktion033.gif

489703[/snapback]

brilliant thread, i love appys ,ive got a wannaby appy .Do you have to have two appy parents to have an appy foal? my wee horse is spotty but hes out of a wee horse called twinkle boots in america black with white flashes and a wee grey mare so i definatley dont think hes one ahhh well he can dream!

Shane, only one parent has to be an Appy. You might have one after all! Even breeding two Appys won't guarantee that you will get an Appy foal...unless one parent is a few spot or a snowcap..which are thought to be homozygous.

edited to add: see my little Jack above? His dam is a solid silver bay. My best color is coming from solid mares
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back