Appy or not

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern_Heart

Reaction score
OK here is the story and I need to know if this mare is Appy or not as I have to bring her permanent

with AMHR as she is turning 3 years old.

Both parents are Blue roans.

Her Sire is a blue roan pinto and her Dam is listed as a solid blue roan but she has the molting on her nose and vulva and has the eyes of an appy and a few white spots here and there on her body. Hard to see some times because of the roan color.

I thought this filly was black as she was born black and just had a few white hairs here and there picking up the roaning some from the parents.

Last year when I showed her she was starting to get more white in her coat. Now she is starting to get all these spots all over her. Not only on her back, but on her shoulders, neck and legs. She has the molting on her nose and also on her vulva and has the appy eyes.

So would you say that she is Appy or not?

Picture below

Thanks

Joyce

valorspots1.jpg

What color are her and her dams hooves?

From that pic I would say yes the filly is appy.
default_yes.gif

Now she is starting to get all these spots all over her. Not only on her back, but on her shoulders, neck and legs. She has the molting on her nose and also on her vulva and has the appy eyes.
That sounds definitely appy to me. Snowflake pattern.
default_smile.png

Hmmm. Mottled skin, striped hooves, sclera, sounds like Momma is an Appy as well! Although with roan running around in the gene pool, there's a good chance this girl's spots may get lost in the roaning as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back