Appetizers for Holiday party

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minisch

Reaction score
Do you have any favorite appetizers..... I want to try something new (that's good) Any ideas?

Thanks!

I have a new favorite one and all my coworkers love it, BLT Dip. Now, it is not low fat....lol. But it is sooo good, and soooo easy. Cook and crumble 1lb bacon. Mix one cup sour cream and one cup mayo, add bacon and mix together and refrigerate over night. Before serving dice a tomato and put on top. Serve with sourdough bread or bagel chips. One coworker thought she would try light sour cream and low fat mayo, she said it didn't work....lol.

Not sure if this is a real appetizer but it was listed that way for the recipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cream cheese, dried chipped beef, sliced green onions, garlic powder all mixed together into a cheeseball

I sometimes mix the onion in with the cheese since I love onions.

1 lg. cream cheese, softened

1 lg. chipped beef

1 tbsp. mayonnaise

4 green onions, chopped, save green tops

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1 tbsp. lemon juice

Mix all ingredients, mold into ball, and roll into tops of green onions. Chill. Serve with crackers.

1 8 oz pkg softened Cream cheese, 1 sharp cheddar shredded, 2 Tbls cocktail sauce, 1 lb shrimp meat (or crab meat), lemon juice to taste (not much for me) -- mix it all up, mold into a "brick" top with more cocktail sauce & shredded cheddar -- Ritz crackers - really yummy!
default_yes.gif

Dont know exact recipe :DOH! , but If you mix chicken, cream Cheese, and hot sause, Its REAL good!

tiny little baby dill pickles

softened cream cheese

very thin ham like Carl Budding

spread cream cheese on ham and place pickle on and roll up. Put pickle crossways. put end over, tuck in side ends and roll up. Like you would an eggroll. Very easy and super delicious. If you have larger pickles just cut lengthwise to the size you want. Always the first things to go at our parties.

1# jimmy dean sausage (I use hot) browned and drained

1 jar salsa (whatever heat you want)

1 bottle taco sauce ( whatever heat you want)

2# box of velveeta cheese ( I use Mexican)

Add all together until cheese is melted. I like to use the crockpot.

Serve with scoops so you can get lots of dip on them.

Yummy.

Bassett : I love the pickle ham rolls ! You can also use green onions in them. How about Deviled eggs ? boiled eggs sliced in half , remove yolks and blend them with mayo and a bit of mustard , stuff egg whites with the yolk mix and sprinkle with paprika.

Bacon Wrapped Smokies

1 pkg of Little Smokies

1 lb bacon

1 cup brown sugar

Cut the bacon into 3rds, just enough to wrap each little smokie individually. Put on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Wonderful!

I am requested to bring these to my bosses Christmas party every year! They are superb and so easy!

Sheila

Whenever we have people over, we make a super easy snack!

Take an English cucumber and cut into slices. Sprinkle pepper on the cucumber slices and serve with a dressing. We like to use Garlic Ranch.
default_biggrin.png

These are favorites at my house....

Cheeseball:

2 Tablespoons of each:

finely chopped onion

finely chopped green pepper

diced pimentos

lemon juice

worstershire sauce

2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

2 pkgs cream cheese

Mix all ingredients together until well mixed (it's VERY messy)...and form several balls. We usually just put ours onto foil or even into a tupperware container. We try to let it sit for an hour or so (but that's not absolutely necessary). It's very good with Ritz crackers, and hubby also likes it with bagels.

---------------

Not sure what this is called...it is great for breakfast too....

1 lb of sausage

1 pkg cream cheese

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

2 pkg refrigerated crescent rolls

Unroll 1 pkg of crescent rolls and place into a 13x9 pan...making sure the dough goes a little up the sides of the pan. Cook sausage and drain. Add cream cheese to sausage and cook until well mixed. Place sausage/cream cheese mixture in the pan over the crescent. Top with the cheese, and finally roll out the 2nd pkg of crescent rolls for the top. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or until the crescent is lightly browned.

Hot Crab Dip

8 oz. cream cheese

2 TBs. onion (chopped fine)

S & P

garlic powder & Worcestershire sauce to taste

1 8 oz. pzckzge of crabmeat

mix it all together and heat for 20-30 min. at 350 degrees

I like to have the crackers called Toasteds (buttercrisp) with this dip.

Thanks for this thread, i've printed off some of these recipies and can't wait to try them.

Leslie

These are super easy and very tasty. Cut a fresh jalapeno in half and remove seeds and core. Fill with cream cheese. Top with a piece of raw bacon. Bake at 350 till bacon looks done. mmmmmmm
default_yes.gif
If you want them spicey you can mix some of the seeds back into the cream cheese.

Thanks everyone! (Basset) my sister makes that sausage, velveeta, salsa dip........ it's addictive! We served them with the "scoops" chips, we ate so much we were all full before dinner was served!

I usually make hummus with baked pita. A nice cheese platter. Pate. Can't go wrong with a shrimp ring. Mushroom Crostini. Tortilla wrapped goat cheese and asparagus. Just throwing stuff out there. I guess they're kind of basic.

If you like green onions, these are awesome!

Clean a bunch of green onions and cut the hairy end off! Take a small amount of cream cheese and kind of mush it around the end of the onion. Then, take a slice of chipped beef (I usually us Buddig brand, but any Brand works) and wrap it around it. Set the onion in the middle of the beef and pull the top of the beef over it and then fold each side in. They are soooo good! They are always the first to go at my family's get togethers! But, you definitely have to like onions!
default_yes.gif

Here's my new favorite - I'm a cookie-dough-a-holic.......so it meets my needs.

1 pkg. 8oz. cream cheese

1/2 cup butter (softened)

1/4 tsp. vanilla

2 Tbs. brown sugar

3/4 cup confectioners sugar

3/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Graham cracker sticks

Beat softened cream cheese, butter, & vanilla until creamy. Slowly add sugars until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with graham cracker sticks.

Very very good.....and well, if it has cream cheese it must be good for you right?

Okay, here's the easiest, quickest you ever saw:

1 brick or 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese

Drizzle with picante, salsa, or chili sauce (or whatever) on top of the cream cheese.

Serve with crackers or any kind of dipping chips. This sort of falls into the emergency category, because you just use the cream cheese and whatever kind of sauce on top. Good when the unexpected knock on the door comes. It's also very good!

default_saludando.gif
I have 2 super easy and quick

large cream cheese

can deviled ham

cup finely shredded sharp cheddar

mix together into ball chill and serve with crackers

blend large cream cheese, half cup sour cream in mixing bowl spread on flat tortillas sprinkle with one of the fol lowering:chopped green olives, chopped ripe olives, chopped onion, crumbled bacon, or dill pickle relish then roll into rolls and slice about half inch or so.
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back