Appaloosa Color Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgtman

Reaction score
This is a picture of our 3 week old appaloosa filly, Braves Pawnee Princess. I believe she is a blanket appaloosa but my wife says she is just a spotted appaloosa. Appreciate your input.

bravespawneeprincess3__240_x_160_.jpg

I think she has a blanket, if/when she clips or sheds I bet it will be a blanket with spots!

I had a filly born with only a little white hair over her hips, she clipped out to have little spots everywhere, turned out she was a suppressed leopard!

This is Crayonbox Midnight Colors (now owned by Tammie of C-Spots Miniatures)

Terrilee.filly.12hrs.6-20-05.jpg

Clipped:

Colors.back.7-9-05.jpg

I think she has a blanket, if/when she clips or sheds I bet it will be a blanket with spots!
I had a filly born with only a little white hair over her hips, she clipped out to have little spots everywhere, turned out she was a suppressed leopard!

This is Crayonbox Midnight Colors (now owned by Tammie of C-Spots Miniatures)

Terrilee.filly.12hrs.6-20-05.jpg

Clipped:

Colors.back.7-9-05.jpg
Thanks for the input and the pictures. Will be clipping her shortly. Bob

Looks like Blanket to me, but you never know what you'll find under all that coat - that's the fun with spotteds!

Aren't appys fun? If I have learned anything about them is the fact that sure as shootin I say one thing they will prove me wrong with some thing else! I will be anxious to see what you have for a patterned after clipping. then wait a couple more years, you might have somethng else! Lavonne

Back