Apathy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McBunz

Reaction score
Please take the time to vote on the pole at the top of the forum.. Apathy now could result in more

unpopular by-laws.. Every vote counts here.. no matter which way you vote.

I was really wishing everyone would vote also so we could get a realistic picture of just how people feel.

Susan O.

Perhaps there are others like me who didnt see this poll until tonight sometimes we go directly to the forum proper and forget to look at the pinned threads. I did vote but not until tonight after reading this thread.

I kind of wondered about that too as I seldom look at the pinned topics. And I also did not see it at first tonight.

Susan O.

I voted, already. I am an AMHA member and think this new way of measuring is ridiculousness personified.

Measuring at the withers will NOT make any horse taller than they really are. It will change the perception of height, which has been going on since anyone thought to cheat the system.

37" horses at the withers sneaking in doing the "limbo" to try and measure in under 34" and so on and so on. THAT still does not change the true height.

At the withers is the only way we can do this without confusion and further muddying the waters. After that, then we deal with the "true measurement" and what happens (say our 34" horses end up now being 35.50, or 36.00" and then we allow that to be our upper level measurement.

Liz

I voted, already. I am an AMHA member and think this new way of measuring is ridiculousness personified. Measuring at the withers will NOT make any horse taller than they really are. It will change the perception of height, which has been going on since anyone thought to cheat the system.

37" horses at the withers sneaking in doing the "limbo" to try and measure in under 34" and so on and so on. THAT still does not change the true height.

At the withers is the only way we can do this without confusion and further muddying the waters. After that, then we deal with the "true measurement" and what happens (say our 34" horses end up now being 35.50, or 36.00" and then we allow that to be our upper level measurement.

Liz
AaaaaMen! Liz
default_aktion033.gif

I think the amount of votes you are receiving DOES reflect how people feel -- it is not important enough to them to participate in the poll.

I don't know if the lack of voting may be a reflection of "dissinterest" of members.
default_unsure.png
I voted last night too, but did not see it pinned up there "right off" either. I'm a brand new "AMHA" member, with very limited knowledge of the registry and how it works for it's members, but am still very interested to learn and participate as I can. Just honestly did not see the pinned posting of the poll "right off". As I was most aware of the annual foal production threads, and have no foals to participate on the foal threads with, so didn't really even notice the pinned section had another entry (of the poll) posted for participation, not until I saw "THIS" (apathy) thread. Once I did see "this" thread, I did go an look and did cast my vote.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen the poll, will have to look and find it. Thanks for pointing out that it's on here somewhere!
default_smile.png

I think the amount of votes you are receiving DOES reflect how people feel -- it is not important enough to them to participate in the poll.
Well I certainly hope not... The next big change proposed and passed as a by-law could be even more

unpopular than this one. Without getting the general membership the ability to vote on major changes

within AMHA we could be faced with the same problem next yr. or two yrs. down the road when the

people actively trying to get you your rights now may have just given up the will to fight .. Then

what happens...

I voted, already. I am an AMHA member and think this new way of measuring is ridiculousness personified.

Measuring at the withers will NOT make any horse taller than they really are. It will change the perception of height, which has been going on since anyone thought to cheat the system.

Liz
default_yes.gif

I am glad to see more people voting but there is still a large number that have not..

You must have an opinion.... lets see it..
default_yes.gif

I know the new way of measuring is not popular but, I think I understand the reasons for it. If you say "top of the withers" Where is that? At the highest point? Right. But ok, your horse is 34 1/8" at that point. You want to show and you say "look you measured wrong he is really only 34 inches" and you convince the person measuring the horse was just standing badly. If you measure at the bottom of the withers it is really clear. You know where the back junctions with the withers? It is the lowest spot on the horses back unless the horse is extremely sway backed. In which case I doubt you would be showing or breeding it. Anyway, You should VOTE no matter what way you decide. You should not leave your fate to a rep. to vote for you. Also "IF YOU DON'T VOTE, DON'T COMPLAIN".

Whoa......... that tells me that the base of the withers rule sure is not clear...
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back