Anyone Know where to order ....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteTailsMinis

Reaction score
I've checked a few sites for cart covers and just can't find anything. What do you cart owners do to protect your cart when not in use? I thought there may be some covers out there sold particular for this? The cart seems to attract bird droppings as well as dust. LOL I believe what we have would be considered an easy entry cart.

Thanks for any suggestions -

oh you guys are great - thanks so much for the quick responses. I'll try each of these! Thanks much
default_biggrin.png

editted: wow, big difference in prices huh? I think the one at StarLake is all I'd need just to cover in a barn.

Awesome guys - thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use tarps ;) (although if I had a nice show cart I'd probably buy a cover, but for my easy entry carts a tarp works well!)

I bought my cart cover on ebay. I love it! The guy I dealt with was really nice and shipped it fast. I paid around $75 for it and that was with shipping and handling. I would try there. Just type in cart covers.

And even cheaper is to go to your local autoparts store and buy one of those slick car covers! They're waterproof, light, have elastic along the bottom and work great. I love mine! Keeps all the icky stuff off my cart.
default_yes.gif

I do have a nice cloth cover for my show cart so I can wheel it around easily and prop it up at shows without uncovering it, but the car covers work great for storage in the barn and for easy entry carts or wagons.

Wanna ask me about my $3-a-set duct-tape-and-seat-belt-fuzzy shaft tip covers?!
default_new_rofl.gif

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
double tt mini tack has one for 89.00. also if you go to the tack page here there is a shop that has 1 for 60.00.
default_biggrin.png

hope that helps.

RC Farm

I don't know about Leia's shaft tip covers, but I use the foam pipe insulation and duct tape to cover my entire shaft ( the slit in the bottom slides easily over the footmans loops). I also cover the handles of my rakes, shovels, and stall pickers with the foam insulation to keep them from rattling together in transit and scratching the paint in my truck bed or trailer. Also slide it over the cart seat supports so I can stand the cart up without chipping the paint.

all wonderful suggestions and the homemade ideas are great and very cost effective - hubby will like that! LOL Being that we're a family of plumbers and steamfitters (Local 5 and Local 602) - the foam pipe wraps will be easy to come by! LOL

I just need to protect it from bird droppings and my peacock that likes to get on everything - all these ideas will work without spending a fortune.

I'll check out all the links provided as those prices are reasonable for sure - thanks everyone!

Google- Kay Jay Tack

I ordered an easy entry cart and cover and just love both. Very good quality. The cover is around $60.

I found my cart cover on Ebay. You could do a search for it or go to the Sports section then find Equestrian and it'll bring up different areas there. I had around $75 total with shipping included. I love mine!! The guy I dealt with was really nice and shipped it fast and it came from CA! Good luck with your findings!

Becky M.

Latest posts

Back