Anyone know anything about this sire? AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LB27

Reaction score
Bond Playboy Two #17174A

Good bloodlines?

I personally don't know anything about that particular stallion but I know some people have mixed feelings when it comes to the Bond line as they have been known to be dwarf carriers. I think the best known stallion that has come from Bond breeding is Rhotens Little Dandy. He was a nice show winning stallion back in his day and he has thrown show winners as well and his name is well respected in the industry.

I don't have access to the stud books, but I do spend a lot of time on All Pedigree. It is updated by anyone and when I looked him up, he didn't have a sire or dam listed and only two fillies in his progeny record. Again this isn't 100% reliable but you do find that well bred horses are quit accurate on this site.

I do agree with the above post as well.

I don't have access to the stud books, but I do spend a lot of time on All Pedigree. It is updated by anyone and when I looked him up, he didn't have a sire or dam listed and only two fillies in his progeny record. Again this isn't 100% reliable but you do find that well bred horses are quit accurate on this site.

I do agree with the above post as well.
I just checked and he did have a dam and sire listed. The supposed dam is a daughter of Bond Tiny Tim. I will be interested in see a listing from a stud report though to make sure.

In my pure opinion, I will not own a breeding animal with the Bond prefix in their pedigree. That's just my opinion and I have that same opinion about quite a few other horses. Until a genetic test is released that I my way of thinking about breeding stock pedigrees. You just have to educate yourself on which crosses work and which don't. It is very likely by searching certain lines that you can find combinations of horses that relate to your own breeding program that have either worked or not. I've done the same thing. Studying conformation helps as well. (A LOT) We have a lot more to loose than many breeds who just have to test for defects (HYPP, HERDA, LWO, etc.)

Everybody has their opinions on breeding though and each one is different.

EDIT: I don't want it to sound like I'm bashing ONLY the Bond lines. I've researched the lines in my own herd of retired broodies (and their foals) and sold mares/stallions (dwarf producers and poorly conformed) and I have a a pretty good list of lines that I would not cross on any of mine if I were to continue on. (Highly doubtful. I have three fillies and two of them are NOT breeding quality. The last one isn't either but with a better attitude and conformation.)

I only mentioned all of this because somebody else mentioned that some people were hesitant to use Bond bred horses in breeding. That and I had to comment on the allbreedpedigree.

EDIT: OP I'm going to PM. I may know of somebody who could help you and may have owned the stallion in question.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked and he did have a dam and sire listed. The supposed dam is a daughter of Bond Tiny Tim. I will be interested in see a listing from a stud report though to make sure.

Thats interesting cuz I checked again on all pedigree and still couldn't see it. I know you right though
default_smile.png
and I agree with everything you said as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Bond was a big breeder back in the day, but when he passed there was a lot of question of what horse was what and there was also some question about accuracy of pedigrees.

Latest posts

Back