Anyone from the forum going to the...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annabellarose

Reaction score
I hope that this is okay to post as a topic, if not, please remove it.

Anyone from the forum going to the South Kentucky Miniature Horse sale on November 1st? The advertisement for it in Miniature Horse World does not say where it is, but the directions indicate that it is somewhere between Mount Vernon and Somerset.

I am going to go, it will be my first exclusively Miniature Horse sale.

Has anyone from the forum ever attended one of these sales before? It looks like this is not the first exclusively Miniature Horse sale that they have held. I was kind of wondering if anyone shows up at this sale hoping to haul horses for buyers that come without a trailer?

Anyone going from around the London/Corbin area?

Would any of you have any suggestions or commentary on this?

Im not sure if Im going this time, but I went to the April and August sales there. Some really nice horses, at good prices (for buyers anyway!).

I had not seen anyone there that shows up just to haul horses. I had advertised on here for the other sales I knew I was definately going to that I could haul a couple minis to or from the sale, but I havent advertised this time since Im not sure if Im going. As far as the sale itself, my best advice is get there early, you can walk around and see the horses in the stalls prior to the sale, and its easier to assess temperment, conformation, etc. then, than when they are in the ring. There will be a program you get when you register to bid that has the horses listed in sale order, I take that around and make notes on horses I may be interested in. Also, there is no heat/AC in the sale barn, so if its cold, take a jacket/coat/hat/etc.

If anyone is really wanting to have someone haul a mini or two for them to or from there, let me know and that might persuade me to definately go LOL!

Latest posts

Back