ANYDAY now, should foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
Anyday now my one in foal this year should be foaling. I say anyday but she really has me confused. Today (Monday, Feb 21) she is 316 days. This will be the second one she has had for me but I really cannot rely on her previous (2009) foaling. She was in foal when I bought her, pasture bred with a broad range of possible time bred. Back in 2009 she foaled quickly and sneakily
default_rolleyes.gif
, walked in behind a couple of trees while I was washing dishes and keeping a watch on her all the while. I am not on mare stare, but I do have a nursery cam on her and keep one monitor in my home and one in my husband's office adjoining the barn. Ok, so Thursday I rushed home from work because my husband said she was sweating profusely, biting her sides, rolling, and up and down. All this continued through the night. I stayed in my sleeping bag and lounge chair out in his office/combination art studio/future dental lab.
default_laugh.png
This behavior continued through Friday and Saturday morning. I realize now she was getting things "in position". I really did think though that it was stage one. Which, one book I have says that lasts about and hour while another book I have says could last a few days. So, ok, Saturday afternoon, Sunday, and this morning she is acting norm except for rubbing, scratching, and pushing her rump on anything she can find. I took some pictures this morning and will be getting them uploaded later today hopefully. She has bagged, although not real big like some do. Nipples sometimes slightly in, this morning straight down. Slit is definitely elongated. Pink inside last few days. Darker pink today. Occasionally chews at her side. Became somewhat v-bottom yeserday. More obvious today. Not as much v-bottom as other's pictures I have seen that are "due". I actually have slept the last couple of nights in my bed, with alarm set every couple of hours so I can look over at the monitor and see what she is doing. When her milk levels test out "near" I will be back out there in my chair. Ok, for those of you that test milk with the swimming pool water strips here is my dilemma. The calcium and ph are showing defininte changes the last two days. The calcium one is reaching the shade of purple that shows 100 +. But the goofy ph one that needs to get down to light orange (near 7) is PINK. Bright pink Thursday and Friday, now is light pink. Will orange come after pink? Or is it possible that I have some cheap faulty strips? Sorry to have rambled so much. I am headed out to get milk from her now. Her name is Bear Branch Painted Choctaw. Wish me and Choctaw luck! She is a sweetie and a good mom. Will let you know what calcium and ph are looking like today. Opinions welcome.
default_saludando.gif
BTW I realize from the forum that so much is going on with others and their minis. I need to send out some congrats, some sympathy, some attagirls but right now I am doing good to get in a little time checking in on you all. But you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

She is beautiful! At first glance, I thought you had shaved her belly area, lol! I can't wait to see pics of a new baby
default_smile.png

She is beautiful! At first glance, I thought you had shaved her belly area, lol! I can't wait to see pics of a new baby
default_smile.png
Well, at least I know that I managed to a get a link posted to photos. Would have posted them here but I cannot figure it out. duh
default_no.gif
Yeah, she is pretty. And shy. The other mares treat her like she is Cinderella and they are the mean step-sisters. LOL. She looks gray when clipped. I need to go buy a new blade and at least get rid of more hair in the vital areas. She gets pretty fuzzy in the winter.

Pretty girl! Looks to me like she's got a bit to go. Bag looks like it needs to fill in some in the middle where the teats meet. Plus she dont look real low and pointy at all. Hope it isnt long for you though!

Marsha
Thanks. I think she does not seem low and pointy enough. Also agree about the bag. At this point I am hoping she waits for next weekend!

Castle Rock, at least you are getting moving on the ph scale. Sounds like there is going to be a foal real soon!
default_yes.gif
Still looks like skim milk here. And honestly I do not know what to think about my test strip resulting in pink!
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back