Anybody know about different roses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
We had a bouquet of flowers delivered last week and it had the most unusual, beautiful rose in it. It was a light lavender color with white stripes. It was very fragrant too. We would like to find what it was and try to get a bush next spring. I didn't get photos of it but I am drying one.

minimule said:
We had a bouquet of flowers delivered last week and it had the most unusual, beautiful rose in it.  It was a light lavender color with white stripes.  It was very fragrant too.  We would like to find what it was and try to get a bush next spring.  I didn't get photos of it but I am drying one.
465186[/snapback]

I really doubt any regular garden rose was used for a florists bouqet since most of the roses they use are very fussy and grown just for the retail florists. That said, I have one called Purple Tiger that is a lavender with stripes with WONDERFUL fragrance. It is a black spot disease magnent, but oh is it worth it! If you like the lavendars, you might also like to try Love Melody (a bit more raspberry color), Angel Face (gorgeous color, ruffled edges and to die for scent) and my old favorite Blue Girl (light lavendar, GREAT scent!). I know there are more out now, but these are some of my favorites in the lavendar catagory. For specifics, you might try hopping on the Garden Web Rose Forum. There are some great pros on there.

Now you want me to get you REALLY hooked on roses? Do a search for mini roses. There is a series of VERY fragrant minis out there. I think Seattle Scentsation, Sweet Scentsations...and on and on. Oh yummy!

-Amy

Latest posts

Back