Any Suggestions.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilSapphire

Reaction score
My QH mare is 29 years old and her arthritis has gotten worse in her right front knee, I had the vet out to see her two days ago just to make sure she hadn't done anything and thats the reason why it was worse but she was cleared as being good, just arthritis. Does any have any suggestions on something I can give or do to her to help her get through the winter easier? She is already on Corta Flx and Bute. I had heard that Yucca was good for them but I don't know enough about it to give to her....anyone use this and could tell me about it? Thank You for your time

Jessica

Hi Jessica,

I have a Kentucky Mountain Gaited mare here, who has some joint problems. They were much worse a couple years ago. We put her on Equinyl CM, and it worked very well for her. It's easy to feed, and she loves the taste of it even just plain.

MSM with Glucosamene........... For horses it comes in powder form to mix into grain. Can also be put in a syringe with water to give orally.

It's an antinflamatory for soft tissue pain and injuries, and vets will recommend it for older arthritic dogs, horses and other animals.

MA

Back