Any Plans

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheryl, I love your Penny Lane mare. She's very nice!!
Thanks! I think so too.
default_wub.png

I have the first passel of mini foals arriving next year, and I am Really excited.

Of course, I am also lucky enough to easily be able to keep all of them, but am more excited about showing them.

Stormy, (mare in my avatar) Fire and Ice daughter-

webstormy.jpg

And another chestnut paint mare named Promises that I somehow don't have a picture of-

Are being bred to Groshills Mister Boogerman- aka Mister- I am Very excited about this cross!

misterboogerman2004worldshowsmall.jpg

I am also breeding my only "Rambo" (Who now lives at Galloping G) daughter that I kept this year to Topper-

Luna as I call her has a great pedigree behind her- (This is easily my most anticipated foal!)

She's out of a Mini Bits Little Red Coat daughter, and is by the above mentioned Rambling starbuck son.

She's got a great length of neck and such a teensy head!

DSCF1097.jpg

And a pic of my little best man-

P1030076-1.jpg

I would *really* like to find another few mares to add to his herd, but have yet to find any that I am really crazy about here in FL.

Last edited by a moderator:
it amazes me how many people are still breeding in this economy.

I have one foal coming in April/May and will repeat the breeding for 2010. The resulting foal(s) will always have a place here until they find the perfect home. I breed for myself, not to make money (very rare to actually MAKE money in the horse biz
default_wink.png
).

Royal

royalblankbanner3-400px.jpg

Bane's Egyptian King's Frosty

DSCF0049-1.jpg

I won't know my foaling plans for next year until I see this year's foals. The most foals we've ever had in a year were two (and more often one or none), but I am expecting as many as four this year. All but one are new crosses. I've been working to improve our herd, so these crosses are necessary to determine how we are improving and where we can continue to improve. I'm not overly concerned about the market because we've always bought more than we've sold and can and do keep a lot of what we produce. The only breeding I can for sure say I'll be doing for next year is a couple test crosses with our new Bill Bailey son:

william3.jpg

It will be exciting to see all the forum members' foals--both this year and next!

I have a couple in the works. Mostly to outside stallions.

I just bought a new mare from Robin at ROKO Minis, ROKO Painted Apache Sahara Rain:

sophie1.jpg

And before she comes home Robin is going to breed her to her little black pinto boy, Ty 5 Dynamos Voodoo Magic. She does currently have him for sale so hopefully she can get Sophie bred before he leaves.

voodoomagic1.jpg

Then I am currently (not very patiently) waiting on this mare to foal, Raylinda Favors Image:

image11.jpg

After she does then Robin is going to breed her to her young stallion, Kickapoo Moons Phantom Feather:

topper1.jpg

Those are the only two that I am pretty sure about. I do have another mare, Alliance Magic Side, who was bred for an August 2009 foal, but I am not sure she took.

magic13.jpg

If she didn't, then I will be breeding her to my buckskin pinto boy, Lauralees Troublz Sweetn The Deal:

dealer24.jpg

I have one foal coming in April/May and will repeat the breeding for 2010. The resulting foal(s) will always have a place here until they find the perfect home. I breed for myself, not to make money (very rare to actually MAKE money in the horse biz
default_wink.png
).

i don't disagree with that at all. It is a completely different scenario than those who breed multiple foals each year, expecting to find good homes because they are breeding quality. The mentality that quality will always sell doesn't always ring true these days.

I am expecting the first foal out of my stallion this year. I am not planning on a rebreed though so no foals for me next year.

i don't disagree with that at all. It is a completely different scenario than those who breed multiple foals each year, expecting to find good homes because they are breeding quality. The mentality that quality will always sell doesn't always ring true these days.

It really is quite a dilemma for me. In the past I have always bred to keep my foals. For example, last year I had five foals and planned to keep all five until a previous buyer talked me out of one of them. Then last year, before I realized how badly the economy was going to dive, I leased a stallion and bred quite a few mares to him, with the intention of keeping only a couple of the foals and selling the rest. I happened to sell two of the mares in foal, and am expecting eight foals here this year, which is more than I've ever had in a year before. I guess what I will do is see how these foals sell before I breed more than a couple of mares for next year. I do have a new-to-me stallion that I want to try out, and I figure that I could just breed him to two or three mares and plan to keep the foals. Here's a pic of "Cowboy", buckskin appaloosa
cowboy.jpg
(Big thanks to Carrie Newburg for trusting me with this sweet boy! I love him!)

My three year old stallion, Erica's Streakin For Bucks, will wait another year before doing any breeding. He's going to learn to drive and hit the shows in halter and driving this year instead. Streaker is also a buckskin appaloosa, but doesn't have quite the loud coloring that Cowboy does.
default_smile.png
streaker_00.jpg

My other stallion is still young, and he's produced some gorgeous foals for me, but he'll likely take the year off or just get one mare for this next year, to keep the numbers down. I bet he'd love to learn to drive too, give him something else to do.
default_smile.png
CCMF Spotted Illusion
s_louie_00.jpg

My more experienced mares are going to get a year off, and I plan to breed just a few of the younger mares, 4, 5, and 6 years old. Several other mares will be showing this year.

My timing really is awful-- just when I am ready to breed to SELL, with a gorgeous group of show-quality horses, the market takes a dive. :DOH! Oh well, it's more fun to show than to stay up countless nights waiting for mares to foal anyway, right?
default_wink.png

I'm planning to breed only one mare, unless I change my mind and wait to do the cross until next year. I'm planning to keep the foal from this cross. I'm in no hurry to do it, but I am eager to see what Carnival will produce!

CCMF Carousel Carnival

Carnival.rt2sm.7-1-08.jpg

Little Chief's Spring Blossom

Spring.sm.7-10-07.JPG

I am having a really hard time deciding what to do about breeding. For the third year in a row we are expecting our first ever foals, as we have not had a live foal yet. If we don't have any better luck this year, I think we will feel compelled to try again just to see if we can do it. On the other hand, we haven't had any experience trying to sell foals, so we don't know how hard it will be. And then we will need to breed for 2010 before we can really find out! A Catch 22. And of course, we don't know yet what our stallion can produce.

IF we decide to try again, we hope to breed:

Cay Lees Omegas Champagne On Ice (A Buck Echo Granddaughter with King Supreme blood too)

Fizz_7_11_08_1.jpg

to: SRF Buckshot (A Ramblim Starbuck and Buck on Broadway Grandson) who earned his Pinto Championship in 2008:

Buckshot_5_20_08edited.jpg

Or we could just show her in Pinto, as she is in training to drive, and she also jumps, does halter obstacle, and will show halter. She would make a great all around horse, but we already have a few of those.

I have one planned 2010 breeding and a possible one...

The first one is my mare "Little Kings Wild Thunder" who is still waiting to foal for this year (bred to Sheryl's "Little Kings BT Buck Bandito") will be bred to my stallion "Ericas Pocket Change" for 2010

Thunder

mares_64.jpg

Pocket

pocket4.jpg

and my other mare will be a maiden and I'm still looking for a boyfriend for her, but I do have some stallions in mind.

Here she is as a baby "Ericas Shez Buckin' Awesome"

Awesome

awesome1.jpg

awesome3.jpg

Im very excited for both these girls future foals
default_wub.png
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png

The breeding pairs on this topic are amazing and I'll be anxious to see the resulting foals - might just have to do some shopping next year at weaning time! LOL Very nice horses everyone!

Economy or not (as someone remarked here) - I have quite an investment in a Buckeroo son from Little King (purchased last year) so he's definitely going to have a few mares this spring for his first breeding. And we just acquired a BTU son (Rogers HSR) who will get a couple of his first mares this spring also.

We carefully selected our breeding stock and purchased from some very reputable farms - most are noted in your favorites list in another topic ("if money were no object who would you buy from") - so I guess we did pretty good choosing where our horses came from LOL. It's our goal to one year make the "list" in the same company as those wonderful farms you mention.

This year, we're having the first foals by our Buckeroo grandson (who is also an L&D Scout grandson on dams side) so we're anxious to see what he puts on the ground. We're watching our mares closely now.

I hear so many people say that the economy will come back around and that good quality horses will stand the test of time. I see evidence of that on well known farms - they are not giving horses away even with this economy and I like to see that. Gives me hope that even though we started this business just before the economy crashed - we're not ready to abandoned ship - and people will still purchase good quality horses. We're proud of the program we've put together and hope that folks out there will come check in on us and see what we have to offer after foaling season.

This Spring - in addition to our Bonus first foals, we're also expecting a Junior foal (I still can't believe it), a Triple K foal and a Woody foal. We should have quite a few dilutes this year.

Hopefully the economy will come back because I'm looking forward to my tiny Billy Idol son breeding his first couple mares next year! I have plenty of room for these horses so they will always be well cared for and loved regardless of the economy - but then, hubby sure does hope something sells soon after all his investment in this in just alittle over a year! LOL This will really be our first year having horses available for new homes as we've just been putting the program together - we kept our 4 fillies born to us last year.

Best wishes to everyone in their breeding/foaling endeavors ~

Alright here's my plans.

I had originally planned to do these breedings last year but several colics with a couple other horses got in the way of things. Anyway.......

My boy, CCMF Frankie Blue Eyes, aka "Freedom" - 33" tobiano/splash/frame/sabino pintaloosa. Son of LTD's Color Broker (full brother to 19 x national champion Magic Man) and out of a snowcap appaloosa mare. These will be his first foals.

FreedomPretty003editWEB.jpg

FreedomPretty014smallWEB.jpg

Little character
default_wink.png

FreedomNekkid078cropweb.jpg

Definitely want to breed him to this girl this year, Oak Regel Princess - 34" buckskin pinto. I just love her, she's the mother of my gelding Charm, who I think has matured rather nicely. Everyone who sees her in person remarks at how she looks so much (and acts!) like a little Arabian. Here she is...

HerdGallop013web-1.jpg

PrinnGhost013.2small.jpg

HerdGallop018-1.jpg

Aaaaaaaand this one is still tentative but I'll post her anyway..... RG's Norman Sally, aka "Sugar" - 35" black pinto. This will be her 7th foal, I have loved everything she's produced (Princess being one of them), although this will be her first foal for me. She's 15 this year so it will likely be her last.

HerdGallop043sugarweb.jpg

default_wub.png

Eeeesh a lot of this will depend on whether or not we get a bigger place. With 6 horses (actually a coming 7th quite possibly
default_smile.png
) we've outgrown our little 4 stall barn. Well we shall see how things happen I guess!

Alright here's my plans.
I had originally planned to do these breedings last year but several colics with a couple other horses got in the way of things. Anyway.......

My boy, CCMF Frankie Blue Eyes, aka "Freedom" - 33" tobiano/splash/frame/sabino pintaloosa. Son of LTD's Color Broker (full brother to 19 x national champion Magic Man) and out of a snowcap appaloosa mare. These will be his first foals.

FreedomPretty003editWEB.jpg

FreedomPretty014smallWEB.jpg

Little character
default_wink.png

FreedomNekkid078cropweb.jpg

Definitely want to breed him to this girl this year, Oak Regel Princess - 34" buckskin pinto. I just love her, she's the mother of my gelding Charm, who I think has matured rather nicely. Everyone who sees her in person remarks at how she looks so much (and acts!) like a little Arabian. Here she is...

HerdGallop013web-1.jpg

PrinnGhost013.2small.jpg

HerdGallop018-1.jpg

Aaaaaaaand this one is still tentative but I'll post her anyway..... RG's Norman Sally, aka "Sugar" - 35" black pinto. This will be her 7th foal, I have loved everything she's produced (Princess being one of them), although this will be her first foal for me. She's 15 this year so it will likely be her last.

HerdGallop043sugarweb.jpg

default_wub.png

Eeeesh a lot of this will depend on whether or not we get a bigger place. With 6 horses (actually a coming 7th quite possibly
default_smile.png
) we've outgrown our little 4 stall barn. Well we shall see how things happen I guess!
I think you should definitely move to Iowa or else just send him over here
default_rolleyes.gif
!

The 2009 breeding season will be our first opportunity to breed Spirit to any of our mares.
default_risa8.gif

Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow (Ten Ls Echos Captive Spirit x French Broads Gold Dust), 31" perlino, sire of multiple champions, homozygous for both black and agouti.

spirithalterwebpjbfinalweb.jpg

Bred to

Shoo Fly Acres Buttercup, 33.75" palomino, 18 yo

buttercupleftside2a.jpg

Bar Ls Pot O Gold, daughter of Dell Teras Gold Plated, 31.75", 19 yo, forever resident of our farm, very hard to get in foal

goldiebodyweb.jpg

Spring Valleys Cappuchino, 29.5", 20 yo, forever resident, very hard to keep in foal

cappysideweb.jpg

Flying W Farms Blue Starlite, 33.75" daughter of Blue Boy, 27 yo, forever resident, hasn't taken since 2006 for probably obvious reasons. We are going to let nature decide, feel free to flame me but it's my decision.

puddin2.JPG

OMP Mighty Aphrodite, 29" Gold Boy daughter, 13 yo

sweetpeafield1.jpg

Alamos Sirs Toffe Snow, 33.75" Call Me Sir daughter, 7 yo (if her 09 foal comes early enough to be rebred).

toffie2.jpg

And

WF Mas Corona, 27.5" son of Sids Husker

IMG_9641-2.jpg

Bred to

Indian Peaks Sweet Serenity, 28" Sids Rebel granddaughter, World Top Ten halter horse, maiden 3 yo (if the vet says there's enough room in there).

serabody2007.jpg

KHA Star Keeper, 29" Skip A Star granddaughter, 5 yo maiden

starheadweb.jpg

And

Little Kings Buckeroo Merlin, 29" Buckeroo son

merlin2007bodyweb2a.jpg

Bred to

Seahorse Gold Melody Prize, 32.5" Mickey Mouse daughter, 8 yo (terrible picture sorry!)

prizefield1.jpg

Plus a few outside mares for Merlin (AI actually) and a couple each for Spirit and Corona. We're going to be busy, but several of my mares are unlikely to take for various health reasons or age, so it will probably end up being about half of what we actually breed for.

My stallion Aloha Acres California Dreamin will be bred to his first mares this year for 2010 foals. Between our farm and the other farm that co-owns him he will be bred to 10-15 mares. Woody is the 2008 World Champion Amateur Jr. Stallion 30-33 level 1 and also a 2008 World Top Five in Yearling Stallions 30-32, shown by an amateur. And he is just getting started, he will be back out in the show ring again this year. His sire is First Knights Dream Come True, the 2008 National Champion Get of Sire and his dam is a gorgeous Bond Chauncey daughter. So he carries some of the top bloodlines in the breed. We can't wait to see his first foals!

DSC_8444crop.jpg

Just several of our mares he will be bred to for 2010 foals!

Gander Hill Chantilly Lace (daughter of National Grand Champion)

mareslilly1.jpg

Little Skippers Candleglow (daughter of Wittmaack's Little Skipper)

marescandleglow1.jpg

Black Velvets Lucky Princess (daughter of Little Kings Black Velvet)

maresprincess1.JPG

Gander Hill Legacys Prima Don Juana (daughter of National Grand Champion)

jrmaresjuana3.jpg

Latest posts

Back