Any Plans

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintNminis

Reaction score
I was just wondering what everyone was planning for next years foals :)

I know that most the Foals this year haven't even been born yet.....
default_wink.png

Most of my mares will be bred to my 3yo Stallion "Tazer" (MCMs Silver Cloud)

So how about you?

I know of one breeding that will definately take place at our farm for a 2010 foal. My ASPC/AMHR mare, Sonara's Little Exotica (Sierra), will be bred to my ASPC/AMHR black visual frame overo stallion, Country Star Buddy Jewel (Buddy). This will be both Sierra and Buddy's first foal ever so I am very excited to see what they produce.
default_wub.png

Sierra

DSCN1140-2.jpg

Buddy

DSC_0011-2.jpg

I am hoping to add one more mare to our herd before this Spring. If that happens Buddy will have a second foal coming next year as well.
default_wub.png

Foals haven't arrived here yet, should arrive as early as end of next month/first of April
default_smile.png

BUT that said, I do have at least one breeding planned, which I am SOOO unbelievably excited about!

Only have fuzzy pics right now, oh how I can't wait for it to warm up so I can clip and get new pics!

I will be breeding my AMHA/AMHR silver bay roan mare, Carriage Hills Copper:

1Copper4.jpg

to our new AMHA/AMHR herdsire, Oak Parks OH IM Awesome
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

Docstand.gif

Will more than likely pick at least one more of our girls to breed to him as well, I don't like having single babies.. May possibly be my sister's AMHA/AMHR black pinto mare, but we'll see.. If I can get my app mare sold and find that dilute or other black pinto mare I really want then possibly her or three babies.. Time will tell!

Yes, Yes, Yes!! I can't wait!!!

My one bred mare came up open for 2009, so I have been planning my 2010 foals for MONTHS! I think I have picked some out standing stallions to complement my mares.

But I haven't paid for my breedings yet, so I won't post pictures; but I can hardly wait to share!

Cat is going to a Modern AMHR/ASPC Shetland. Joy is going to a LWO+ stallion that is sired by LTD's Printz of Shredder, who is related to Magic man and Cat and dates back to Sample. Both will be AMHR and futurity nominated!

Oh I'm SO excited!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_shutup.gif

Yes, we already have plans about who will be bred for 2010 foals. We want to make the most we can out of Destiny's years with us and he's with us this breeding season. So.......

Erica's Echos of My Destiny (HOF), the National Champion (halter), National Grand Champion (driving), Halter Hall of Fame stallion that we co-own with Erica Killion will most likely be bred to Triple H Buckin Khaki, Erica's Double Dipped (a repeat of a coming foal), Erica's Sweet as Sugar (a repeat of our Piper), and Wee Equine Acres Dun Sweet:

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Destiny%20Foals.jpg
X
Khaki.jpg
+
Double%20Foals.jpg
+
Sweetie%20--%20Foals.jpg
+
Maddie%20012%20FOALS.jpg

Then DunIT won't get as many because he will get them all next year. We do plan a cross with him though that is exciting to us. We plan to breed Erica's Gone and DunIT, AMHR National Top 10 (halter) and AMHA Honor Roll (halter) to Harrells Flirting with Perfection and possibly Harrells Rowdys Reflection of Hope (a repeat of Ducky).

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

DunIT-Foals.jpg
X
Flirt.jpg
+
HOPE%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20037%20MARES.jpg

All of our breeding horses are AMHR and AMHA Registered.

PS We've actually already made one specific plan for a 2011 foal, which would be to breed DunIT above to Erica's Big City Bomb Shell, one of our perlinos and Buckeroo granddaughters. We've been planning that one since last year!

Last edited by a moderator:
We will have mares that are ASPC/AMHR that will be bred to our Little Kings Farm buckskin stallion that is ASPC/AMHR and a few of our Michigan bred mares that are dual registered ASPC/AMHR to our Michigan bred ASPC/AMHR stallions being a buckskin pinto, Coventry Lanes Gold Edition and Snowberry Farms Jet Set for 2010. We only have a few AMHA and AMHR registered horses anymore. This year we have ASPC/AMHR foals, AMHR foals, a AMHA foal and ASPC foals, alittle of everything and being Futurity nominated.

treasure.jpg

junminishow007.jpg

P1010015.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

a black a white stud i have no photos of.

No more breedings, period, let alone 2009 for 2010. Having to sell the best horse I ever bred for the lowest prices (below what I consider even right for a "pet") is disheartening.

Liz

At this moment and time we do not have any breedings planned for 2010 foals. We did get a new stallion last year - yes I was drawn over to the other side he is a tiny one 29.00
default_wink.png
I would love to see what he does but we may wait one more year nothing is written in stone yet. She has some fertility issues we did try the cross last year but it appears she is open. The cross I would like to do when we do it is

Wild Oaks Jumpstartmyheart- 29 inch stallion

Res AMHA National Futurity Champion with top tens

jumper1.jpg

bred to

Ruff N Tuffs Just One Look

looker07.jpg

We will cut back and give some of our mares a break. We have six this year due but with the economy what it is I fear we will see alot of minis at auction for even cheaper then what is being seen now. We are fortunate that what we do not sell have a home here. So depending probably two or maybe three maybe none! My hubbys work just laid off 3800 people so those folks will not have jobs to go back to. His hours were cut to a 32 hr work week but we are fortunate still. I expect things to get even worse then what it is now. So we shall see.
default_unsure.png

My 2008 foaling and breeding season was a disaster; so what should have been my bay stallion's first foal crop and second breeding season failed. He did get one mare pregnant, but she got sick and aborted/absorbed the foal; I was so busy dealing with her, that I did get around to breeding him to anyone last year. So, I hope to breed him to one or two of my mares this summer for 2010 foals. I did breed one mare to my silver buckskin stallion, and we are expecting her foal to arrive late May, early June. I'm hoping to breed one mare to him this summer. And, I'd like to buy a mare in foal or with foal at side, so the foal I'm expecting has a playmate, I really don't like to raise an ONLY, but that's where we are.

I am planning on doing atleast one breeding next year. . .maybe more if I can sell my Spotted Saddle horse and get another mare. Anyways I am looking at crossing my 31.00" solid cremello stallion with my 33" black tovero mare and seeing what I get from that cross. Hopefully a nice buckskin - that would make my year!

The only one I know for sure that I am going to breed in 2010 is our Gambling Man daughter. We are still seeking the right horse. We are thinking something tall and huntery for a stunning Pleasure Driving Futurity Foal. Besides that we are wanting either a homozygous stallion or a black or dark bay. Maybe a cremello or perlino.

She is a blue roan sabino overo who at first glance is mistaken for a grey until you look at her and see that shes not.

I am expecting only 3 foals this year.....and "possibly" a 4th. All will be our 31" bay Frame stallion, "Apache" babies.

Apache2yrsYardLeft20001SmallAvatar.jpg

ApacheShowCroppedSmall.jpg

"Sweetie", our 27.75" b/w Tobiano mare is first in due late April. This will be her 3rd foal

SweetieNew8.jpg

Our 30.75" Chestnut Tobi/Sabino/Splash CockRobin daughter, "Deja Vu" is due in May. I just love this girl....she has wonderful movement...even when she is VERY heavy in foal!

Here she is at show....

DejaLibertyR1.jpg

And here is Deja just a few days before delivering...

DejaPregTrot.jpg

Mystic is our 32" Chestnut Sabino, LK 4G's Alfalfa Pleasure (Hawk) daughter. She is also due in May.

MysticFillyDay1f0001_1.JPG

And last, but not least, is "Sylvie". She is a 31" black Sabino that I recently was able to re-buy. She is from my own breeding (LTD's Moonstruck x Kickapoo's Foxy Fax Emily). "If" she took, she is due in July.

SyvieKissyTrotting0001.JPG

SylvieWoolyFace0001.JPG

I may also be leasing her dam "Foxy" this year. She is a Blue-eyed Tobi/Splash/Sabino, and a double-bred CockRobin

daughter. Her dam is a daughter of "Kickapoo's Nickelodeon" who is a son of CockRobin. Her sire is CockRobin himself.

I would like to breed her to Apache & see what they would give me next year.

FoxyAndMoJo.jpg

I only have 4 mares now, since I've downsized. I'm happy at that number with the economy being what it is.

I may not rebreed them all for next year.....just depends on what happens with the foaling season this year.

I actually only bred one mare last summer and it appears she is open so no foals for 2009 at all and I'm not sure I will breed for any in 2010 either. Every potential buyer that comes looking turns out to want a fully trained, bombproof horse for next to nothing or I do a little research and find they are just not a home I am willing to send a mini to. Most recently I was warned that someone interested in a gelding I have leaves her horses alone (and unfed) for days at a time. I will NOT sell one of my horses to a home who already has a bad reputation with the larger horses (More than one source warned me of this buyer but unfortunately I know they will eventually find a mini to take home 'sigh', but it won't be one of mine) I don't have to sell any and can afford the ones I have but there is no point in breeding all my mares with such a poor market.

I have several breedings planned, some have begun to take place too.
default_wub.png

Wall Street Illusions Jazz Singer - 34" - ASPC / AMHR pending

jazzsite.jpg

His babes:

Graham's Hula Girl At Heart - 34" - ASPC / AMHR

hul0920-1.jpg

Buckeye WCF Classical Imagination - 37" - ASPC / AMHR

Image2.jpg

Curry's Playgirl - 37" - ASPC / AMHR

pg0920.jpg

Martin's Mardi Gras Sunset - 37" - ASPC / AMHR

3yr.jpg

Little Kings BT Buck Bandito - 30 1/2" - AMHA / AMHR - National Champion, HOF, and Supreme sire.

dito-1.jpg

His babes:

Modern Hersheys Karamello - 38" - ASPC / AMHR

kara0927a.jpg

Irish Hills Fascinating Rhythm - 34" - AMHA / AMHR - Multi-National Top 7 producer

rhy1-2.jpg

Cross Country Call Me Sassy - 33 3/4" - AMHA / AMHR - Ultra Sounded in foal for January

Image1a-1.jpg

Crossroads TNT Bomb Shell - 33" - AMHA / AMHR

shelly.jpg

Star Ridge Acres Lily Blue Too - 33 3/4" - AMHA / AMHR - Perlino

lilyb.jpg

And the rest........

Little Kings Junior Jinx - 34" - AMHA / AMHR - National Top Ten sire

jinx0916.jpg

Little Kings Heir To Glory - 34" - AMHA / AMHR - National Champion producer

glory0916-1.jpg

Cross Country Penny Lane - 34" - AMHA / AMHR - National Champion producer

pennymidland5a-1.jpg

Cross Country Take My Breath Away - 34" - AMHA / AMHR - Reserve National Champion / HOF and National Champion sire, owned by Erica

stalli30.jpg

Erica's Memoirs Of A Geisha - 33 1/2" - AMHA / AMHR

mem.jpg

I am not possitive about any of my breedings for this year but here is what my possiblilities are:

First Here are the four possible stallions:

Maple Hollows Sir Spot

MCS_00091.jpg

Maple Hollows After Dark (I am hoping to get a better picture when we go to some shows
default_smile.png
)

IMAG017.JPG

Arions Destinys Magic Trick

1291-ARION-0607-netcrop.jpg

COH Echo Express

amandahorsesstorm048.jpg

Now the mares:

JLLs Dakota Rose will be bred to either Maple Hollows Sir Spot or I am going to try to get a breeding to my neighbor's stallion.

IMAG040.JPG

NW Teeny Dutchess will be bred back to Maple Hollows Sir Spot or I will breed her to COH Echo Express

IMAG039.JPG

Akers King Lady will be bred to Arions Destinys Magic Trick
randommarewinterpics001.jpg

Maple Hollows Black Pearl will be bred to COH Echo Express

IMAG036.JPG

Summer Hill Preludes Princess will either be bred to Arions Destinys Magic Trick or Maple Hollows After Dark

PrincessandEllie008.jpg

Mars Rosebud will be bred to either Maple Hollows After Dark or COH Echo Express

IMAG017.JPG

And my mom will be breeding quite a few mares as well but she has a lot over there so I am not even going to try to go through them
default_laugh.png

Fun topic Btw!

Latest posts

Back