any nuts up making soap tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvwalkers

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]anyone up making soap
default_wacko.png
: ...i can't stop! instead of AA i am going to need SA...lol...just clean fun..sorry that's a little corny i know...so who's soapin'? Nikki
[/SIZE]

Nikki, I have'nt been soaping in a few days. I'm awaiting for my order from Bramble Berry's to arrive today and I'm very excited about that! I have to get some other craft items done for the fair in November and then I plan to work on and research more soap.

But here are a few bars I made last week. Sorry the pic is'nt the greatest. They're Victorian soap bars with an Avacado/Cucumber base. I swirled in a wine colorant and with the opaque base they came out a pretty swirly pink. I also added vanilla/ lavender FO.

Let's see some of your soaps that you've done up!! :new_multi:

e7f657a9.jpg

These are some of what I got done this morning plus 2 loofas. The roll didnt come out too good I let it get too cool, so I used cookie cutters to do the animals, star and pumpkin I didnt want all that soap to go to waste.

soap.jpg

[SIZE=14pt] :aktion033: [/SIZE] love your soaps girls! here are a few i haven't packaged yet...citrus and sage bars, strawberry cheesecake, chocolate ponies, bubble gum ponies, raspberry cream horse heads, chocolate coffee wake up leaf bars, beautiful (the perfume) flowers, cotton candy horse embeded domed bars, loves baby soft dragon fly bars...(i haven't cleaned the edges off on some yet)...we are having a ton of fun here!

275680811.jpg

275680821.jpg

Well you guys certainly have been busy little bees!! :aktion033: I LOVE seeing everyone's creations...it's better than buying a soaping book. I want to try some of those cookie cutter soaps ....I have some Christmasy ones in my kitchen drawer. That strawberry cheesecake looks good enough to eat! Have you ladies gotten your molds and such from Bramble Berry's? My order should be in today.

Sterling I love the ones you made just how did you swirl the colors in? The only mold I got from bramble berry is the horse head the rest I got at Michaels and JoAnns and used the cookie cutters. i did some chopped soap too haven't gotten a picture of them yet. Kathy

[SIZE=14pt]Sterling, there are stores on Ebay that have every kind of mold you can imagine. For the cheesecake I used a cake pan. Kathy I love your rolled one, I haven't tried that yet, besides not waiting to long to roll it do you have any other tips? I have done several swirls but I think it takes messing with the timing to do it right. The bars of citrus and sage are swirled with yellow but i think I should have waited for it to cool a little more to keep the colors seperate. Nikki [/SIZE]

Thanks Kathy! What I did with that particular soap was after I melted it and added FO, I put a few drops of the color in it and with a thick wooden toothpick I swirled the color in to blend just a "little bit"...by then it was cooling a bit and by the time I poured it into the mold, on it's own continued to blend and swirl right into he mold as I poured. They looks so much beter in real time. My next try I want to do are the chopped soap pieces too.

Nikki, I'll have to check the ebay stores ...thanks for that tip. For the cheesecake, did you use a regular aluminum cake pan? How did you remove the soap once it had cooled? Did you use some kind of pam on the bottom? These are too neat I'd like to try and make some of those!

[SIZE=14pt]for the cheesecake I used an aluminum one, it was kinda flexible (I could twist it a bit) probably the cheaper and thinner the better. if you want the names of the spots on Ebay I got many of my molds let me know, shipping was fast and fair. Nikki[/SIZE] edited to add: I didn't use anything in my cake pan
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nikki...yes I would like to know the places to look on ebay for soap molds! Thank you! I may have to take a trip to the dollar store and get me a cheap cake pan...the real light ones and try my hand at some cheesecake soaps! :aktion033:

[SIZE=14pt]these are the sellers i have bought from, i am sure there are hundreds of other good one's to but i have had good luck with these 2. augustine_9 and essenmacher_molds. let us know how your cake pan soaps work out
default_yes.gif
: .
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]come on Corrine...where's your pictures? you are a hard core soaper :bgrin and the queen of swirling i've heard...[/SIZE]

WELL, WELL, WELL...... :new_shocked: :aktion033: :aktion033: this is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! I have been recuperating from feeling under the weather and today spent the entire day shopping for a wedding dress with my future daughter-in law. My feet are KILLING ME, and I am EXHAUSTED. It's funny because Holly had a certain style picked and she was getting frustrated because she couldn't find anything she truly went "WOW" until we got to the 4th wedding boutique and.... I pulled one one off the rack and said "Holly, do me a favor, just try this one on". Well, she put that dress on and came out and said "I LOVE IT"
default_wub.png
: and it was totally not what she thought she wanted until she put it on. :aktion033: .

So now I have some time to get back to soaping which I intend to do in a few minutes.
pn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K. Expert soapers How do you know how much soap to melt I've been guessing sometimes I get it right sometimes I dont. What s the difference between fragrance oil and essential oil. I found a cool site craftbits.com Thanks, Kathy

Latest posts

Back