answered prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
On Thursday while my nephew was at work, he was working under a bulldozer that had stopped running. There was another worker there that decided that it would be a good time to put the new seat on the dozer and he accidently hit the lever that allowed the blade to come down.

My nephew was under the blade when it came down and was trapped with the blade on his back. It took 20 minutes to jack the blade up to get him out and he was air transported to the trauma center in Oklahoma City.

He had major damage to his spine and 9 broken ribs.

They operated on him yesterday and inserted rods on either side of his spine with a plate between and cleaned the bone fragments out.

Today he was put in a clamshell brace and moved from ICU to a room. He has feeling in both legs but none in his feet.

The wonderful thing is that he will be able to walk again, he is alive and alert and the spinal team said they had never seen anyone with that type of injury without any damage to the spinal cord until now.

He will have to learn to walk again and has a long road ahead of him to get to the point where he can walk but he will be able to walk!!!!!!!

Mary

OMG! How terrifying! Will be saying prayers for your nephew in the hope that he makes a full recovery given time.

Anna

so glad he is recovering and i cant imagine who scarey that must have been. Your family in my prayers espec your nephew

Last edited by a moderator:
What a scary thing to happen--one of those accidents that should never have happened. Good news though that he'll be able to walk again--it could have been so much worse than it was.

Thoughts and Prayers for him as he continues his recovery. He is blessed and we are thankful.

Good Grief! Prayers for a speedy recovery....He is truely blessed!

WOW that is a miracle! Will keep in our prayers!

Latest posts

Back