Another surprise regarding Marbles

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverdance

Reaction score
Many of you will remember my Brindle mare Riverdances Marbled Tigress.

Well, I moved to Florida last September from Minnesota. For the first time all of my horses have shed out to very slick coats. In MN they never really did that. To my surprise Windchaser has shed out with stripes on him. All down his neck, shoulders, legs and faint ones on his torso. At first I thought it was sweat. I took some pictures of him and they are really standing out. I looked closer and put my hand on them. The golden buckskin color is nice and smooth, the stripes are his smutty color and they are a bit rougher and seem to be going in the opposite direction from the buckskin color.

I went back to his show pictures where as a yearling, we were not sure what color he was going to be. He was so smutty then. Sure enough, if I looked closely, there were faint stripes on his neck and shoulders. Same in his 2 year old pictures, but I could see a bit more on his torso. Very faint. He was shaved down in these pictures. From then on, he was not ever shaved down again. In the summer he would shed out, but not to the extent he has here in Florida. So all I really saw was lots of smuttiness down his neck and back. (when Marbles coat grows in, her smuttiness will blend in too and though, because of her being a roan, you can still see the stripes. With Windchaser, they would just blend together and look smutty.

I have a call into Dr, Penedo again for her to look at his pictures. She is the one who thoroughly tested Marbles.

Marbles

MarblesSmallrear.jpg

269209_411455492239496_631236504_n.jpg

Her sire Windchaser

winneck1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy what an exceptionally pretty head on Windchaser. I hate to use the word pretty on a stud ( in the dog world thats a no no LOL ) but his big eye and darling ears and nice throatlatch just makes for a very "pretty package" Hard to tell if I see stripes on his neck too. He looks young too!! The more i look at him the more I drool!!

Think I need a road trip to see your Marbles first hand....he certainlly is a horse of a different color!!

Very interesting. Makes me want to know more about the smutty gene and what minis carry it???

How cool! I just love Marbles!! Winchester has a absolutely gorgeous head and neck!!!

OMG, yes!! You can really see them in the pic! Keep us updated on what you hear back on his info!

Very interesting color! Its stunning, you can really see the stripes on Marbles back and bum. Absolutely amazing! What a lovely mini!
default_smile.png

When I saw his picture on FB the other day, the first thing I thought was "he's brindle, too!"

Stunning both of them! His neck markings are beautiful!

I love it when Smuttys are obvious like this. Not only do they look stunning but it eliminates a lot of confusion about what color the horse is.

Yes, I definitely see it! That's pretty cool and I think I'd be hanging on to him!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back