Another question.......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spindleberry

Reaction score
I wormed Sugar yesterday, early afternoon. I checked poo this AM when I cleaned her stall, never saw any worms...this afternoon I saw a fresh pile in the pasture and I checked it out of curiousity...only saw one red worm and there were some tiny tiny tiny whitish worms...but some of them were moving...is that normal for the worms to be alive and moving around?

Yes, I have had it happen. I generally then will do a power dose.

I am headed to the vet to take a maunre sample on my Annie, I will ask him for you.

Yes, we've seen that with horses we've introduced onto our place.

Talk to your vet since you are dealing with two types of worms.....but I would definitely worm again in about 2 weeks.

When I asked my vet he said to definetly do a powerdose. If you used Ivermectin, he reccomends a five day break and then to worm the average mini at 600lbs of the wormer for 6 days, not 5 like it says on the box. He also said if she is new at your place this protocal may need to be followed up to 4 thimes roughly 6 weeks apart, but I would ask your vet what he thinks.

Dr Brick also said a power dose can be done with Pyrantel Pyomate, but he did not go into detail.

Hope this helps!

Ellen

Latest posts

Back