Another Poll - How many horses do you own and how long have you been in mini's?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many small equine do you own?

• 1 -5

Votes: 34 26.4%
  • 6 - 10

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 20 15.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • 30 - 50

Votes: 16 12.4%
  • 50 or more

Votes: 12 9.3%

• Total voters
Got our first in 1979.

We have had as many as 50, but sold down the last few years.

Currently have 20, with 6 mares yet to foal.

I got into Minis 13 years ago, downsizing from Morgans. There is truth in the saying "you can not have just one". I am up to 50 with the babies.
default_new_shocked.gif
But, as I am getting older, and doing all of the work on the farm by myself, I have to reduce to about 20.
default_no.gif

I started with the driving horses and moved on to halter. With my stallion, Desperado, I am so delighted with what he is producing. He has a hip to die for and is putting it on all of his babies. So it is hard to decide who I want to sell and who I want to keep. I keep changing my mind. New babies make me rethink who is to stay and who is to go. Sure wish I could keep them all.
default_wink.png

But this breed has just been so much FUN.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My grandparents bought their first minis from Flying W Farms the year I was born - 1982 - so the minis have always been like an extension of the family to me. As a family, we visited farms all over the country to get the best possible horses, and we had a trainer show them regionally for over a decade, but things slowed down for a bit when my grandfather died in the 90s. Since taking over the farm a few years ago I've been working hard to revamp our breeding program and get back into the show ring. I had to change my vote today because after the Celebration sale our numbers went up over 20. Grandma still loves a good horse auction.
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back