Another New baby is here :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BM Miniatures

Reaction score
Another Horrible presentation monday morning with our 4th baby born
default_sad.png
Had to get the vet out again(poor vet! We sadly lost a stunning filly 4 days prior due to being in sitting dog position, luckily we eventually managed to get the foal out with out damaging the mare but it was to late for the baby
default_sad.png
- This was the first foal we had ever lost, and of course it was the perfect filly we were hoping to get as a future stand in for her mom who is a 17yr old Buckaroo daughter, was heart breaking for us all!
default_sad.png

The foal born monday morning - my buckaroo bred mare was in labour and she had been getting up and down for 5mins - she was only having the odd strong contraction which was really strange! waters still had not broken and we new there was a problem as she is a mare that gets the whole job done in 10mins.

Vet got here in 5 mins, we are very lucky to have our vet only living 1km down the road - We soon found out why her waters had not broken!!

Foals head and both front legs were tucked down pointing towards the head of the mare between the foals hind legs with the back of his neck jammed up against the pelvic bone!

Some how the vet managed to get the foals head and both front legs forward while we kept the mare standing so he had more room to work.

Result - A beautiful Bay or buckskin amha colt alive and well! We were all shocked the little guy was alive when he was pulled out as the vet said that he has not had great success with these kinds of presentations.

This is one lucky little baby and he is a gorgeous boy at that!

We can't thank our vet enough for saving both this little guy and my precious broodmare!

We had had to call out the vet 3 times out of 4 foalings now, we have 2 mares left to foal, and we are praying that these last 2 go smoothly for us!

Here are a few photo's of the little Trooper. We have named him BM Cadence's King of Thieves - because he has stolen all our hearts!

11 hours old

PA240017.jpg

PA240018.jpg

3 days old today
default_smile.png

PA260041.jpg

PA260013.jpg

PA260029.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He is a beauty ! As I look outside at our grey fall day , I can't help but notice your beautiful spring pictures ! Congratulations on a beautiful boy
default_biggrin.png

Ann

Wow he is gorgeous, what a head and that tea cup nose is to die for! Congratulations. Well done to you and your vet.

I pray the other girls all foal smoothly for you.

I too am ga-ga over the third photo. What a perfect little head, and gosh! I just want to snuggle with him.
wub.gif

OH! Isn't he beautiful!!
default_wub.png

Thank God the vet got there so fast and was able to save him!! I'm sorry you lost the filly. What a time you've had this year! I hope your last two will be very easy!!

Stunning little guy! You could tell he was pretty pooped out after his ordeal. Congratulations on getting him out alive and well. You will have some fun showing him, for sure.

Very cute colt... Glad he is alive and ok... So sorry about the one you lost though...

Sorry for the filly you lost.

Congratulations on the little colt. He has a gorgeous head & neck!

Latest posts

Back