Another hardship question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsehug

Reaction score
I just noticed in looking at my 2010 AMHA rule book that it still says the director for hardship inspection can be a Former Or Current AMHA director.

Was it changed to only a CURRENT one at last year's annual meeting or where did I get the idea it has to be be a current one now??

What is the correct answer?

Finding a director close to me here in WY is always challenge and I have hardshipped in several horses over the years.

So I'd like to know if it is still possible to use a former one if one of them happened to be closer to me.

Susan O.

I don't know when it changed, but we are in the process of having a stallion progeny hardship done and it is possibly one of the most awful things we've had to do. To find out what director you're supposed to use, you are supposed to call AMHA and they will appoint a director to you-whichever one is closest. I agree, not being able to use a former director has made the process much more difficult. We have always used the same person and he was wonderful and would come to the farm to do it. We can't even get a hold of the one AMHA has appointed us and it will be a full days trip to get to him and back
default_sad.png

Wanted to add that you should try to find out if any directors are planning on attending any shows near you. I know someone hardshipped a mare in last year and was having a tough time finding a director even remotely close. There was a show not too far from her though where a director was going to be and so she had the measuring done there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

Yes I have often used one that came to a show also and hope it can happen again too for a mare of mine I hope to maybe hardship this summer.

I still wish it could be any director instead of just a current one.

Susan O.

It will be interesting to see, if AMHA chooses to use "stewards" at shows, if they will be able to measure to hardship. It would be easier on a lot of people if they can go to a show and get a horse measured.

Latest posts

Back