Proposal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVern

Reaction score
I really don't know if this the right way to do this or say this, but this is what I will send to all our directors. Does anyone know if I have to have it notarized and do I have to send it so they have to sign that they received it?

If I have done something wrong please let me know.

Dear Directors ------- On the following page I have written a proposal for the 2013 March Meeting. I hope that I am following the correct procedure. Whether this is the right time or the right way to do it I am not sure, but here goes. Thank you for reading.

I Renee LaBarre Reiten would like to propose that as of the beginning of the year 2014 all horses and ponies that wish to be hardshipped into the AMHR, should be dealt with equally. I propose that they must all be three years of age, be inspected and measured by a licensed steward and witnessed by a carded judge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Renee,

Guess you don't know the procedures for hardshipping or even the rules....here it is:

2012 ASPC/AMHR Rulebook, Registration Section...page 11 # A and page 12....# B & # C

A. The horse must have been registered with the American Miniature Horse Association, provided all proper paper work is filled out and a copy of the registry papers is submitted with the application and fees to the AMHR.

B: As of January 1, 2005 in order to register an ASPC registered pony with AMHR, the animal must have reached its ACTUAL 3rd birthday (or older). A copy of the ASPC Certificate of Registration along with the AMHR Height Verification from (measured and filled out by a licensed ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Steward and examined by an ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Judge) must be submitted along with the application for registration and appropriate fees. ( See Customer Work Order).

C: As of March 5, 2007 in order to register a horse registered with the Falabella Miniature Horse Association the animal must have reached its ACTUAL 3rd birthday (or older). A copy of the FMHA Certificate of Registration along with the AMHR Height Verification from (measured and filled out by a licensed ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Steward and examinied by an ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Judge). must be submitted along with the application for registration and appropriate fees (See Customer Work Order).

If you are wanting the BOD to not charge a lower fee (which is what you are wanting), then instead of messing up a perfectly good rule, just come out and say that starting in 2014 you don't want any more lowering of the fees to hardship and already registered horse from either ASPC, AMHA or the Falabella assocation. Just write it and tell it like it is plain and simple.

I know of plenty of folks who already follow this very conceise rule above and have no problem with getting their horses measured and looked at by a licensed steward and judge from our associaiton. They take the time to follow these procedures, drive many miles and sometimes hours to meet with a licensed Steward and Judge just to see if these horses qualify. I've seen horses that have come forward and don't qualify because they can't meet the height requirement of 38" & Under.

In actual fact I believe Renee is saying that she wants the AMHA horses to be inspected by a steward and judge the way that ASPC ponies are.

Perhaps someone can post the portion of the rule book that pertains to rule change proposals? I am on my phone and cannot do that.

Guess I am pretty dumb. That's why I am lucky that I have you to tell me what I am saying. Lots of things I don't know, such as if a proposal first has to hit a committee to even be considered. I thought I heard that once. But I know that things do sometimes come out of seemingly nowhere.

I have not addressed the fee thing, because I think that is a board deal to set fees. Maybe not. But first things first. Equality is what I am going for.

Do you know about the notarized thing?

Holly I didn't mean to be flippant (I don't know if that is the right word) I really do need you to help me do this right. A little lesson for me and maybe some others if they feel they want to do one too. I am not going to be blown off.

I didn't mean you had worded it badly, I just think Karen didn't really read what you wrote, she just assumed you were on the fee thing again.

I don't believe you have to get anything notarized; however, you don't send the proposal in for the spring BOD meeting--you send it in by July 1st for discussion and voting at Convention.

Another thing I was wondering about. Not so many years ago, if you wrote an official letter, it was kind of frowned upon-ed if you didn't type it. Now it seems that a hand written letter, neatly done is so much more desired. At least to me. Oh, to get a real letter or card from someone. Do you think that I should hand write all the directors individually?

I don't think that is right. I think that alot of stuff gets done at the March meeting because no one is there and even if you go you can't say anything. My perception is that Convention is for show and the real deal is March. But which ever this is a start and I will report progress if any. I just want to see how this works.

Read the rule book....it is described in the rule book how to submit a rule change proposal...things voted on at convention get finalized by the Board in March--but they do not deal with new proposals then.

Okay, I will read the rule book. Proposal 101 here we go.

I know I must be just missing it, but I can't find where it says how to write a proposal. I found some other interesting stuff. The last real rule book I have is 2008. Anyone help. I'll keep looking. I am going to try to do this right.

2012 rule book--section III Part 6--6.1 request for rule change....it is there. I'm hauling water and trimming feet so can't log in the PC to look it up on line and post the wording, but it is there

Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!! You are out hauling water and you know what page it is on. I always knew you were smart, but do you have a photographic memory? I'm going there.

Okay. Here we go. Opening session of proposal class 101. I hope that new miniature horse enthusiasts are not as dumb as me and wait thirty years to do this if they feel something needs to change.

I don't think it is going to be too hard.

Also if you do not approve of my proposal please make yourself heard, by contacting your directors.

rules to proposal.jpg

Okay got the form. That was easy. Just go to ASPC/AMHR site under membership forms and download.

Little problem with the word EXACTLY. I Think that is were people mess up.

If I don't say it just right, it would have to be written over and wait until next year,right?

Rule_Change_Proposal_Form.jpg

If you attend convention you can make changed there--or they may phone you if you include your # and are home to answer when they call.

Be sure to reference any

Sections affected by the main rule change, and include changes for those sections too.

That is good to know, as I don't think my words are good enough for a rule book. How to use words is tough. I am going to start on the forms. I printed off five, I don't know if that will be enough.

Renee use the same wording as they use for the shetlands, just change it to AMHA miniature. Thats what I would do.

Thanks wpellwood, that's what I will try to do.

Got a question for everyone. Was thinking last night that if I put that it should begin as of Jan.1st 2014, that doesn't give people any time. Maybe too quick. Nov.- Jan. Maybe I should propose Jan 1st. 2015. There aren't many shows in Dec. to easily get find a steward and a judge.

If its passed by the members it would have to go thru the March Spring board meeting if the directors will allow this to go thru so it will not quickly go into affect right after Convention. If you want it to pass I suggest don't be too pushy about the deadline and make it like you said Jan. 1st 2015.

I would be in favor for this proposal.

Latest posts

Back