Another Excited day at the Double T place

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshack

Reaction score
We went to the horse sale today, horse prices are high again, which is good and the biggest plus is the killer market is basically shot at least here, so all bought went to real homes, and there will be no worries tomorrow for the open sale. (I'm bad about going to it cause I always find one that needs a home, IE Dually, and Zeus, and in a way DJ, and mom's mini mule Molly).

Anyways we got home and I changed and went out to check the girls cause Thelma is REALLY close to foaling, just checked her a few mins ago, she's not eating and just standing there, might have it tonight :aktion033: . I was getting her stall ready where I can check her at night under the lights. Well you have to basically walk through the feed room to get to the stalls if you don't want to open a million gates. So in I went came out the other door into my clipping area, and Cody was behind me with a sack of cat food. Now i literally walked all over the feed room turning on lights and getting my grain premeasured. Well when Cody went in, I hear a few choice words and see him come out the third door (right by the light switch). I asked what the deal was, and he said there was a skunk there, I turn to look at the door that comes into my clipping area and see this little begger shoot out it, me being the scaredy cat I am, I hollered and climbed the gate (didn''t think I had enough time to get the latch open). SO he skid-addles back into the feed room. I shut that door while Cody went to get his pistol, and he comes back and this sucker is behind the big feed bin. So me being the guinea pig (actually Cody was standing outside the one door we opened ready to shoot so as not to blow a hole in the feed room wall or stink it up), I had to go in there with a pitch fork and run this sucker out praying he wouldn't spray. He ran out from behind the bin and got hung up in a corner. Now I get a look at this sucker. He's a sick looking thing, all mangy and has one eye, and thin. I bang on the wall and he finally finds the open door and Cody shoots him when he gets a ways from the barn. Good news, he killed him, bad news, he got skunked, somehow from a good ways away (I think it's cause he was down wind, but was in the only place he could be without shooting TOWARDS the horses and pens). OMG I've never chuckled so hard, teasing him about getting skunked, cause last time I did he laughed at me. LOL I did find out that the skunk recipe that works on dogs works on humans and their clothes. His hat and boots, I haven't figured out how to deskunk yet, good thing we have a screened in porch. LOL

Anyways I called Cody's dad the big dog/animal guru, and he said if the skunk was rabid he'd of probably chased us instead of running, but he could of had anything from just mange to parvo or distemper. Just great, NOT something I need around here since I raise pups! So it looks like we'll be going to town tomorrow for several bottles of bleach and be bleaching the place trying to kill anything he could of been carrying. I'm hoping he was just thin from winter and the drought and wasn't carrying anything but you can never be too careful. These suckers sure are moving too, that's the 7th one that we've killed in about a week and a half. Although the others were healthy looking.

Anyways here's another exiting addition of the goings on on the Double T place. LOL Just LOVE country life not a dull moment.

:bgrin PEEE-U!!! Tell him I can smell him all the way up here in Canada!!!
default_wink.png
:

Aren't the memories just a thousand times better when you get to create them together?

One more story to share with the youngsters...

Teresa great story and glad skunk did not spray inside your barn it would be forever to get that smell out of the barn.

Latest posts

Back