Another case of horse abuse/neglect

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just makes me sick! I've just rehabbed a mare that I used to own and I bought her back in March, starved and lame. Whats just as bad is, nothing happens to the people that does this stuff to horses. Such a slow painful death. Just awful. I hope all these people rot in heck.

I hope all these people rot in heck.
It's times like this that make me wish there really was such a place
default_no.gif
Heartbreaking.

There may not be a place, but Karma is a B*****. May they return as slime
default_rolleyes.gif

For my part I'd like to take them (animal abusers) and do to them whatever they did to their animals. In this case the people ought to be thrown out into the bush someplace, far from all human assistance, to survive on whatever they can scavenge up with their bare hands. If they starve in the process....OH WELL. Then they'd know what it's like.

It is just so hard to understand why? We were watching an episode of animal precinct on the animal planet channel and they went to a farm where this guy had over a hundred animals, all kinds, pigs, goats, horses (all sizes), dogs, etc...... and they were all starving and they found several dead animals on the property. He would not surrender while they were there, said there was nothing wrong with the animals!
default_new_shocked.gif
Could he not see the ribs, they had no decent water just mud to drink, what in the world made him think the animals were ok where they were? How do people look at sick and dying animals and not give them vet care or at least bare necesseties such as food and clean water? I'm sorry, it just blows my mind when I think too hard on this. These people have got to be missing a main functional part in their brain for compassion and love.

edited to add: If I ever get into a position I can not take care of my animals, and I can not sell them to good homes, I would give them to good homes.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wont stop until we become more assertive in reporting the abuse , and the athorities start doing something about it .....I would like the AMHA AMHR revoke membership if they hear about abuse or neglect of an AMHA AMHR horse ..... A lot of people are very harsh with their training,
default_nono.gif
keep these horses confined, and run them tied to ATV s to get them in shape for a show
default_no.gif
abuse is all over , just some accepted , some not. Very sad
default_no.gif

and run them tied to ATV s to get them in shape for a show
Well personally I would rather see them long trotted out across the field behind an ATV or golf cart than made to charge round and round a little round pen for the same amount of time. Not sure why using an ATV is necessarily cruel?
Granted, if the horse is run behind the ATV to the point of exhaustion, that would be cruel, but IMO just the fact that the horse is exercised behind an ATV doesn't make it cruelty! (And to clarify--I do not have either an ATV or a golf cart, so my horses don't get exercied tha way! I also don't use a round pen--if I do put one up it will be a full-horse-size one, not a Mini sized one...when I free longe the horses are worked in a corral that is 60x120 feet. And no, they are hardly worked to the point of exhaustion in that large area either!
default_laugh.png

I hope all these people rot in heck.
It's times like this that make me wish there really was such a place
default_no.gif
Heartbreaking.
Could always ship them to Mars.

Wish there ways to punish people like that.. how about bringing back the Stocks in public places, leaving a note next to the person about what they did. Bet there won't be much left.

In Iceland... people will take their horses for a walk... while riding a normal everyday bike. They can go farther that way.... but would hate to see what would happen if the horse spooked. I have seen people in a golf cart set up so there is a person on the back of the cart holding the lead line and going no faster than the horse could walk. The lady that did this was handicapped and she was veryyyyy careful on how it was done.

But folks before we get carried away... I want to remind you that not all cases you see in the field are a result of the people that own them now, were the abusers. There are many of us out there that sometimes rescue.

If you had driven by my place the first couple of months I had my rescue Icelandic mare... from the sounds of it you would of called Animal Control or the Police. That would of made me feel very bad and the person that called look foolish.

Within a Week I had the Vet out to check her over and get Xrays. And you would not believe how many hours I spend a day fixing up her special feed and medicating her.

I think it is better to strike up an NON agressive dialogue to find out if the horse(s) are rescues or really been miss treated. I had one lady stop to talk after the Rescue mare foaled and I had no problem talking to her about this mare because she did not have a chip on her shoulder.

Latest posts

Back