Another Carmel Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weerunner

Reaction score
Carmel is looking wonderful, she has filled in alot, which makes me sure that most of her trouble was dehydration (such a senseless thing). Here udder is very big, and her milk is white and easy to express. The milk is testing at the extreme end of the foaling ranges, so this theoretically should be 12 hours to foaling. Wish us luck everyone. I'll post as soon as Junior arrives.

amanda

It won't be long now!
default_biggrin.png

I'm so glad she and her baby-to-be are in your care!

Wishing Carmel the very best of luck (and you too!) Cant wait to hear what she has, bless her!

Anna and M

Push Carmel Push

Hey we gotta be name thinking here!

Carmel Apple, Hot Fudge, Carmel Sunday (heee if it comes on Sunday)

This should keep us busy till the baby arrives!

Happy mare stare Carmels mommy

Carla and Spike who says *foaling is overated...is it here yet?*

Carmel presented me with one foot and one nose last night and no sign of foot number two. I had to go in up to my elbow in past her pelvic bones and retrieve the other foot. She needed a fair bit of help even after that as there was little to no amniotic fluid left to lubricate passage. Most stressful delivery I've ever had, but little one is safe and heathy. He is not a mule, he is a beautiful little colt and so tiny, he walks straight under mom's belly. I just adore him already. If you all remember I was looking to buy a pinto stud when I found Carmel instead. LOoks like I found a pinto colt too. Thank you God for knowing more than me and showing me the right decision to make.

thanks to all for prayers received

amanda

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
Congrats on a beautiful little boy! So happy that you could help this mare out.
default_yes.gif

I'm so happy for a healthy baby and a safe mommy! Bless you for taking Carmel in and saving both of their lives. Does he have a name yet?

woooohoooooo Goooo Carmel and Carmels mommy.

God truly loves to surprise us! Here all this time you thought what have I taken on and lo and behold God responded. My child you have taken on a dream! Carmel and God had a plan for you in a little secret! Don't you feel so blessed?

Please get Carmel vetted to be sure nothing happened to her while in delivery. I hate to hear when a mare has a problem. He is a beautiful baby!

Carla and Spike who says *okay I will admit he is cute...but not cuter than me!*

Great job on the delivery and congratulations on the lovely colt!!! I love happy endings...

Carmel presented me with one foot and one nose last night and no sign of foot number two. I had to go in up to my elbow in past her pelvic bones and retrieve the other foot. She needed a fair bit of help even after that as there was little to no amniotic fluid left to lubricate passage. Most stressful delivery I've ever had, but little one is safe and heathy. He is not a mule, he is a beautiful little colt and so tiny, he walks straight under mom's belly. I just adore him already. If you all remember I was looking to buy a pinto stud when I found Carmel instead. LOoks like I found a pinto colt too. Thank you God for knowing more than me and showing me the right decision to make.

thanks to all for prayers received

amanda
Congratulations!!! He is adorable!

Awww Congrats Amanda! He is just darling and glad everything is ok! Good job staying calm and getting that foot!

Latest posts

Back