Announcement this AM

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tag, you and a few others make EVERY remark into a challenge. I just can't help myself. If it isn't the same as your opinion it is challenged. Why?
Not sure why I am even bothering - but that ^^^ is not true. Sonya - we will never Get There while some constantly go out of their way to challenge, sneer, condemn, taunt, to say whatever they please even when it is not anything remotely resembling the truth - fine, their choice/opinion - but then when anyone responds with less than a
default_aktion033.gif
or shares some facts behind the topic they are the ones at fault?
default_no.gif

No - I have never gone after anyone who did not share my opinion - in fact - my main focus has been trying to find the facts behind the fables and smears and viral BS. And not a lot of opinion.

Some need to take responsibility for their own actions - and look at how they post instead of always pointing fingers at others. Starting with respect for the concerns/opinions of others - which some have never shown - and apparently do not care to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonya you may not have been scared but I have. The reason??? Because that anyone that can cause a war on a lie, to make money in which he kills over 4000 good Americans is SICK.He sat and did his scare tactics until he got his way. People sit back and try to justify Bush and make it all okay. They don't care.

I have the best son that any mother could want. If people like Bush and McCain keeps invading other countries in ticking contests there is a good chance they will try and make him fight for it. When I hear people sit here and validate how they shouldn't be taxed more, they have more and they deserve. HA. They are not sitting at home on their money and think I will send my son to war for that reason. NO way. That is the only fear I have. And when McCain said that we could be at war for 100 years and that seemed acceptable to him. That is when I knew he was no better than Bush.

Because that anyone that can cause a war on a lie
Apparently our dedicated military do not agree with the above statement. For those of you that look at polls here's one polling military people only.

McCain - 68%.

Obama - 23%

I'd venture to say that they realize the need for military force in todays terroristic world. I pray they don't lose their will to fight when that dreadfull crisis arrives that Biden is referring to IF Obama is elected. One the terrorists are referring to as greater & more horrific than 9/11.

Terror groups are tracking our election online. Remember folks - if we don't have our security - the economy won't matter at all!

Poll

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/10/military_poll_100508w/

Crabby I understand your fear about the possibility of your son being called to serve his country. Mothers have had the same fear since we became a nation. I join you in praying that he doesn't have to go, and if he does I'll join you in praying for his safety. The vast majority of our young men and women serving right now believe in what they're doing; why else would they volunteer for additional tours or say they don't want to leave their fellow servicemen. None of them are there because their mothers wanted them to go. No matter which of our candidates is elected the war in Afganistan will continue and will grow much larger before it ends. There will be many mothers praying for their service members. To say that the rest of us don't care is doing us an great injustice.

Kim, I also worried about my sons but the draft has been out for many years. Unless they bring the draft back I wouldn't let my self worry about it.
default_smile.png
I really can't say but I don't know why they would bring it back with so many joining on their own. Please try not to dwell on it. I know you are worried.
default_smile.png

so many joining on their own.
Just wanted to say when we went to Kennys boot camp graduation they told us how low enlistments are right now as they always are at a time of war. His dad and I were personally thanked by his drill seargant for Kenny enlisting during a time of war (along with the other parents that attended graduation)

Many of Kennys friends have been back 2 and 3 times because there are not enough soldiers to keep rotating. This is why they are sending the National Guard troops over to give soldiers that have been there time to come home. The only reason Kenny isnt in Iraq right now is because his AIT is one of the longest and he wasnt done yet when his troop went over.

I think the draft is a very real possibility no matter who becomes president if the war in Iraq and Afghanistan continue.

Well I hope whoever becomes President decides to get serious about Afghanistan. That is where a surge needs to take place and soon. The Taliban are gaining their strength again and in today's paper they reported a woman aide worker, 5 children, etc. were gunned down in the street by the Taliban
default_no.gif
. It's time to get serious and crush the Taliban andtruly go after Bin Laden. It's time to go after him with a vengeance. The world keeps being afraid of this maniac, the world needs to come together and get the job done once and for all.

There have been thousands of National Guard members activated in the last several years. I have several reasons for personally being in favor of the return of the draft, one of which is that I hate seeing fathers and mothers (some in their 30s and 40s) being mobilized for war.

When you talk about fear and I say I understand, it isn't because I have a son who might be called upon. It's because I've seen first hand the fear of the parents, spouses and children of our National Guard troops being activated. I was a member of a briefing team who visited with these "weekend warriors" who were boarding busses within a few hours to leave their homes, families and jobs because America needed them. I saw their tears and the fear in their eyes as they held onto their loved ones as they prepared to leave. I saw the tears and and fear on the faces of the soldiers who were being mobilized, but I also saw their determination and willingness to do whatever America needed them to do to insure our freedom.

These troops were being called during Operation Desert Storm. I had retired before Operation Iraqui Freedom, but I'm sure the fear and determination have been and will remain the same for whatever battle our service members are called on to perform. You can't begin to imagine how very sincere I am when I say GOD BLESS THEM ALL.

Back