Announcement this AM

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kay I'll gladly be the 2nd to say there is good and bad with both candidates. Nobody is going to agree 100% with anyone. We each have to determine who we agree with more.

Tag - give me a break. I guess you're going to say it's just a coincidence?

Hmm where did you 116?? I saw that on one site but it was a spoof of Obama. I looked and here is what I found. None of the sites I saw listed his real IQ. they were all estimates.
This is from Wiki

He has not released that information. From the information available:

* The average IQ for a college graduate with a bachelor's degree in the U.S. is 115.

Obama graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School.

* Obama's IQ has been guesstimated as 1) lower than 140-165 and 2) between 140-165, possibly higher. The IQ value is estimated against his achievements as a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he served as editor, and later as president of the Harvard Law Review; which is an extremely prestigious position. Obama also taught at the University of Chicago for over 10 years, a top-ranked university in the United States.

* Obama attended an elite private school in Honolulu as a scholarship student. He had previously been in school in Indonesia, so his scholarship was almost certainly not based on marks, but on extremely high entrance exam scor

You have to read the whole thing. Yes all of it. Had Obama released his records we would know for sure. Wouldn't we? BUT seeing he is trying to hide everything it has to be figured this way. My point in posting this is someone wants a President MUCH more intelligent than the average person. We have a lot of very intelligent persons who are not President material.

<H2 class=date-header>Thursday, September 18, 2008</H2><H3 class=post-title>Barack Obama's IQ is ~116 </H3>An IQ guy <A href="http://www.kids-iq-tests.com/d-prez.html">attempts to work it out:

[T]hese are the facts concerning Obama's LSAT score while attending Law School at Harvard University. We do not know his actual LSAT score; however, after much research, we found that the average LSAT score for all Harvard students is 171. The percentile rank for an LSAT score of 171 at Harvard is 98.8 %.

MENSA will accept LSAT scores as a means of qualifying for MENSA membership. (MENSA also accepts up to 200 various IQ tests and other tests of cognitive function as well.) The LSAT score required for MENSA membership is equal to a percentile of 95% or higher. Thus, basing Obama's estimated LSAT score of 171 ranks him in the top 98.8% (percent/percentile) range which is clearly above the lowest acceptable LSAT percentage rank of 95%, which clearly affirms that Obama has a qualifying intelligence quotient that would allow him acceptance into MENSA.

Since MENSA accepts various IQ Tests as well as other cognitive tests to qualify for MENSA membership it is safe to estimate that Obama's IQ Score could range anywhere from a low IQ score of 130 based on the Stanford Binet IQ Test, Revision 5, to a high IQ score of 148 based on the Cattell IQ Test.

What the IQ guy failed to account for is the fact that Harvard University practices affirmative action. PBS Frontline reports: "The gap in SAT scores persists even at the highest levels of achievement. A study of the 1989 applicants to five highly-selective universities found that white candidates' average combined SAT score was 186 points higher than the corresponding SAT average for African American applicants."

Furthermore, the New York Times reports that "At the best schools, by contrast, efforts to diversify the student body translate into a 400-point bonus for minority students on the SAT tests."

That 98.8 ranking based on the average Harvard LSAT translates to about a 135 IQ and a combined SAT score of 1290. That's pretty good, if not spectacular. However, due to affirmative action, one must reduce that score by at least 186 points. (Also, I suspect the NYT article is talking about the new SAT, which isn't valid for the purposes of this comparison.) Thus, giving Obama the benefit of the doubt drops his score to 1104, which is approximately equivalent to an IQ of 116. That's not bad, but it is significantly less intelligent than Hillary's 140 IQ, as well as being lower than George W. Bush's 125 IQ (1206 SAT).

Before one points to the fact that Obama ranked highly in his class, it's important to keep in mind that Bill Bradley was a Princeton Rhodes Scholar despite his 485 Verbal SAT and mediocre 103 IQ. Academic success, like every other kind of success, is just as much about hard work and determination as it is about intellectual firepower, but Barack Obama's supporters obviously shouldn't be attempting to make their case for him on the basis of what is, based on the available information, probably an IQ of 116, only one standard deviation above the norm. Of course, this estimate is based on averages which don't necessarily apply to a single individual; Obama could lay the matter to rest by simply permitting his scores to be released to the public.

If his intelligence is so incredibly important, as some of his more visibly insane supporters insist, then surely the senator should inform us precisely how intelligent he is. Because he demonstrates his ignorance and a less-than-impressive intelligence nearly every time he opens his mouth despite his handlers attempts to retroactively fix his statements: "The fact that we have reached a point where the Federal Reserve felt it had to take this unprecedented step with the American Insurance Group is the final verdict on the failed economic philosophy of the last eight years."

First, AIG didn't fail because of the economic philosophy of the last eight years. The Fed began goosing the markets under Clinton. Second, that "unprecedented step" was taken

Bassett , I would like to see complete records as well. However, Bush set a precident, he had his files hidden. We really knew nothing other than what he said. Guess everyone else has that right now as well. Did McCain release all of his or didnt they just set up a place where a few Drs were given 2 hours to poor over thousands of pages of documents?

Actually, the fed began messing with market stuff back in '82. But they were getting more into it with each decade it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
But see that is what makes me crazy. You did not put on your post that that was an ESTIMATE of his IQ.

Sorry edited to add I just did a search and asked what Obamas IQ was and found 116 and for McCain 133

That sentence makes it sound like its a fact that his IQ is 116 and McCains is 133.

Thats the kind of stuff I take issue with in these posts. I could care less what either of their IQ's are. But I dont think its right to post estimates and make it seem like its a fact.

and as the comments show it really doesnt matter if his IQ is high or Low because someone will find something wrong with it either way
default_smile.png

Okay Im off to clean some stalls and try to brush Features mane. Omg you all dont know what I go through trying to keep that mountain of mane and tail on that pony lol
default_wacko.png

Tag - give me a break. I guess you're going to say it's just a coincidence?

You lost me. WHAT is "just a coincidence"? That poll? Where did I even suggest anything of the sort?

These threads - despite one that advocated peace yesterday - are getting stranger and stranger...

I have said there was good and bad in both candidates and their platforms from the very beginning - to the great mirth of some here...

Why is not proclaiming his IQ score "hiding something" anyway? Yeeesh. Mayeb he never took the test. If he had announced it - there would be sneers and slams about how he was trying to show off - or that he was lying and it was really much lower than stated.

Yet another no-win situation on the ever spinning hamster wheel...

default_laugh.png
You guys are all soooo funny. Gives me a good laugh to read what you guys write and HOW you think. You keep saying the same things OVER and OVER and OVER again. When I see your names I really don't have to read I know what they are going to say. Thanks for the laugh. Made my day.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

This endorsement does not surprise me one bit. It also does not mean anything to me.

You guys are all soooo funny. Gives me a good laugh to read what you guys write and HOW you think. You keep saying the same things OVER and OVER and OVER again. When I see your names I really don't have to read I know what they are going to say. Thanks for the laugh. Made my day.
Bassett - despite what you said in the other thread - you continue to
default_laugh.png
and
default_biggrin.png
and ridicule the opinions of others.

And you do it over and over and over and over again.

And no - it does not make me laugh. You just flip-flop - like every politician does.

Try reading once in a while - instead of being so dismissive and sneering. I read everything everyone says - how else can you make any kind of a reply that is part of the discussion..

If I prefer facts over and over and over again in many of these threads - from both sides - I am glad that is such a BWAHAHAHA!! source of merriment for you.
default_unsure.png

Good grief !! I am not going to post anymore on the political threads.
default_smileypuke.gif
I am tired of it.

Like I said I know what you are going to say.
Wow.
default_no.gif

I'll just quote myself - and leave some of you to your Highway, merriment, accusations, contempt etc.

You continue to
default_laugh.png
and
default_biggrin.png
and ridicule the opinions of others. And you do it over and over and over and over again.

Im am laughing.... People are saying Colin Powell is voting for Barack because of him african american blood. Colin Powell came out 8 years ago and said he was backing Bush. That means he only votes for black people? Hmmm.

I lost all respect for Powell when he entered Bush's cabinet. They used him to perpetuate the war lie. At least he left as soon as he could. But when he was saying how McCain using Ayers and implying that Obama was a terrorist is disgusting. He got my respect back. He knows that Obama is a strong leader and McCain is not. ESPECIALLY since Powell has such extensive military background, and he won't vote for McCain makes me very nervous about McCain.

Appylover2,,,

I do understand. We all have our reasons. That is why the fighting has been so bad. It is not that people dislike the other one,,,( at least I don't dislike anyone on here!) but it is because it is SO important. We have lived in fear for 8 years, that is enough.

We have lived in fear for 8 years
Although I can't say I agree with everything that Pres. Bush has done, I'm not in agreement totally with ANY politician. But I can tell you one thing, I have not lived in fear (other than a couple days) while Bush has been in and that I'm greatful for. Bush has definately been given a bad rap (and no...he is not perfect), but I do agree with a few others on this board that history will show him to be a very positive prominate figure in the US in years to come.

I am an Air Traffic Controller and I can tell you the days after Sept 11 no one felt more fear than me and my coworkers (responsible for thousands and thousands of lives), other than the victims and their families/friends of 9-11 (and those that were there). I first hand saw the leadership and integrity it took to get things back under control...and yes, Bush was responsible for that. After the first couple days after 9-11, I knew I did not have to live in fear. I hope I can say the same for the future.

That is why I support John McCain....perhaps because of my job, foreign relations and national securtiy are top on my list. No, it's not the economy as everyone else thinks about...that is second for me. I do feel confident with John McCain in office that I will not have to fear for the lives of my fellow Americans. And as far as the econmy, I trust him with my hard earned dollars.

You know Sonya even though I knew you were an air traffic controller it never occurred to me that you might have been involved with the security measures that were needed on 9/11 and the days following the terrorist attack. You've brought things into focus for me that I hadn't really considered before. I absolutely understand national security being a higher priority for you in the list of concerns. I realized after reading your post that my years in the military are what have made me more concerned about it too.

I don't recall ever being so proud of, and moved by, our president as I was President Bush when we realized what was happening and were so filled with fear.

I know it's too little too late but I need to express my appreciation to you and the ATCs everywhere for doing such an outstanding job in helping to keep us safe on that day. It must have been absolute H E L L for you all.

Thankyou Bonnie and Donna...I truely appreciate your comments and opinons, I've learned lots from you both.

And as much as I hate to admit it :arg! , I do appreciate others opinions even though I do not agree with them. (or I wouldn't spend so much time responding to them...lol) and yes Danielle that does include you (although I still will not take your opinion with me into the voting booth)...and lowrise who I don't even know her name even though we've both spent plenty of time insulting each other.

I think we ALL have somewhat of a main goal here...we just can't agree how to get there.

Back