Annoucnement of new BABY ARRIVAL !

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda K

Reaction score
WELL JUST THE WAY I FIGURED IT WOULD HAPPEN. I HAVE HAD TWO WEEKS OF SLEEPLESS NIGHTS.

AND JUST LIKE I SAID THE OTHER DAY, " WATCH AFTER ALL OF THESE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS KEEPING MY EYE ON THIS MARE, ERICA WILL COME HOME AND THIS MARE WILL HAVE THE BABY." WITH NO REGARD FOR ME, WHO STAYED UP WATCHING ALL THOSE NIGHTS !!

WELL TODAY WAS "PROM DAY" WHERE WE LIVE. I AM A HAIR STYLIST AND DO MAKE-UP FOR ALOT OF THE GIRLS AROUND HERE. MY FIRST APPOINTMENT WAS AT 12:15 THIS AFTERNOON. I NO MORE THEN OPENED MY DOOR AT MY SHOP WHEN ERICA CALLED SAYING DESIGN HAD LAID DOWN AND WAS FIXING TO HAVE HER BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!

WOULDNT YOU KNOW IT
default_wacko.png
:

SO I RAN OUTSIDE, INTO THE PASTURE WHERE ERICA HAD LET HER OUT FOR A LITTLE TODAY. ( MY SHOP IS RIGHT AT THE END OF OUR DRIVEWAY AND CLOSE TO THE BARN AND FRONT PASTURES)

SURE ENOUGH, THERE SHE LAY WITH ERICA RIGHT THERE HELPING BRING THE LITTLE ONE INTO THIS WORLD.

DONT GET ME WRONG, I AM GLAD ERICA WAS HERE, IT MAKES ME A NERVOUS WRECK WATCHING BABIES BEING BORN. I AM ALWAYS AFRAID ITS TAKING TO LONG AND SOMTHINGS WRONG, BUT SHE COULD HAVE WAITED TILL TONIGHT WHEN I COULD BE THERE TOO!

IT WAS SUCH A BEUTIFUL DAY OUTSIDE TODAY THOUGH. THE BABY DRIED OFF REALLY FAST. I GOT TO SEE IT RIGHT AFTER IT WAS DELIVERED AND BEFORE MOM GOT UP AND BROKE THE CORD.

YOU KNOW , NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT, I MAY LIKE THIS BETTER, NOT NEAR AS NERVE RACKING.
default_wacko.png
: JUST GO SEE THEM RIGHT AFTER WHEN YOU KNOW EVERYTHING IS OK. YEP ! I THINK I WANT ALL OF THEM BORN LIKE THIS.

ERICA IS UP AT THE BARN NOW MAKING SURE EVERYONE IS SETTLED IN. SHE HAS BEEN CLIPPING HER SHOW HORSES ALL DAY. GOOD THING SHE WAS UP THERE AND SAW DESIGN
default_yes.gif
:

SHE HAS TAKEN SOME PICTURES EARLIER, I WILL HAVE HER POST WHEN SHE COMES IN.

OH, GUESS YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW WHAT SHE HAD??????????

ITS A BOY ! AND LOOKS LIKE A RACE HORSE. LEGS LIKE YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE !! HE IS A BUCKSKIN PINTO. GREY/BLUE EYES , BLACK TIPPED EARS AND NOSE. BLACK TAIL AND MANE. SURE IS A CUTIE.

I THINK HE WILL BE A KEEPER. OUT OF HER BIG CITY STALLION.

THANKS EVERYONE,

LINDA KILLION

:aktion033: :aktion033: Congrats! Cant wait to see the pictures!
default_blush.png
: Glad Erica was there to help!

Linda, I think Design had designs on pulling a fast one all along from how Erica has described that beautiful mare!!! I got a sneak peak at the baby, and he is fabulous!!!! One pictures I saw, there's no way you can tell he is a miniature foal. He looks just like a light boned full size horse foal in his proportions!!! Just really awesome! I love all these Big City babies. He's doing a great job for you all
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

OK - here we go with a few photos.......of Big City's number 3 baby!!! (AD's I'll Make My Own Design x Little Kings Big City Buck)

I knew Design was going to have it as this morning she was pooping cow piles and bag was so tight, it was such a pretty day I moved two mares out of the small paddock to the right of the foaling barn and let her have it to herself. All morning she was bitting at her sides and holding her tail out - she had her breeder alert on but I was just watching her as I was rough clipping the show horses........well I was watching her and new she was getting ready to have it, yet I wanted her to really start pushing before I rushed out to her as I didn't want to make her upset and move around, but she didn't even lay out flat or set the breeder alert off until I was out there..........but all was fine, I helped pull one foot out that wasn't moving along as fast as I wanted.

A very pretty buckskin pinto - and a very nice shade of buckskin, that light buckeroo buckskin like his daddy with the added pinto bonus. No name yet but I am throwing around a few - think his nickname will be Joker or Prankster - due to being an aprils fool baby.

Hard to believe but he is less than an hour old in all of these photos, he was out and up and rearing, bucking, jumping asap.

And good grief at these legs, ( I mean I am loving it.....) but I told him he should have been born at Oaklawn down here to run the track --- though he isn't huge by any means ,really, but if you look at him by himself though these legs just make him look so tall (I didn't get around to measuring him) but he isn't all that big.

I already love him, his personality is something else, and he's got those tipped ears I love so much.

Gotta get pictures maybe tommorrow when he had a little chance to unfold.

[SIZE=12pt]***NEW PICTURES ON BOTTOM OF PAGE 4***[/SIZE]

hum......now what am I suppose to do with these legs?

ef9ce069.jpg

OH, I think I have it....

ef9ce686.jpg

Oh yeah now I know what these legs can do

ef9ce6e3.jpg

And oh yes he has that NECK that I LOVE! even at only an hour old

ef9cdc7b.jpg

Being the little boy he didn't much care for "mom kisses"

ef9ce00f.jpg

ef9ce780.jpg

ef9cd7d1.jpg

ef9ce73e.jpg

ef9cda4e.jpg

ef9cdf71.jpg

ef9cd78c.jpg

ef9cdfc2.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]***NEW PICTURES ON BOTTOM OF PAGE 4***[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww what a pretty boy! He is nice!

RNR

What a beautiful little guy and it's wonderful that the mare was able to foal outside on a nice day, that to me makes it very special, au naturel as they say :aktion033:

default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Sigh..... he is just so nice!

shhhh.... don't tell my husband... I think our new foal Topper needs an Erica foal for a buddy. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Design really wanted Erica there. He is such a pretty boy. And those legs.....wow

Congratulations

They just keep getting better and better and Linda I could hear my exact feelings in your post. When its time for baby I just pray and pray no help is needed. It is the longest few minutes ever. What a gorgeous boy.

Just saw this post as I was out bathing and clipping, too... :bgrin nice baby! Love the tippy ears and he has JUST enough white to make him pretty and not enough to make him hard to keep clean... (unlike my sisters fella...
default_rolleyes.gif
: :bgrin )

Congrats again another BIG time foal from Big City!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Oh Erica, He is GORGEOUS!!! :new_shocked:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Robin

Congratulations on your new foal! Thought of this name suggestion.... Erica's Big City Designs
default_smile.png

Yeah Russ, I had Erica's Designed in the Big City as a choice, but am sort of tossing around a few different ones since he was an April fools baby.......going to think on them for a bit before I title him for sure.

Latest posts

Back