Anatolian Shepherds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarks Ltd Edition

Reaction score
Hi,

Do any of you raise Anatolian Shepherds, and are near the Houston, Texas area?

We had to put down our 14 year old Anatolian Shepherd Kate on Friday. She suffered a stroke and she could not move her back legs. The best dog we have ever had!!

Molly

Hi Molly,

I am sorry that you lost your beloved Anatolian.

I bought my first Anatolian from Janice Pope....her stock had descended from Margie Woods' dogs.....when I was in the market for a 2nd Anatolian this spring, I searched and searched for a dog from their lineage....and came to the conclusion that perhaps they were not breeding Anatolians any more.

I ended up with a crossbred puppy that is 75 percent Anatolian and 25 percent Pyrenees. She is a good puppy and was not expensively priced! I can't say that she is AS GOOD as my first dog; he is just superb....but she is a good puppy.

I hope you find a guardian to care for your stock.

Hugs,

Lauralee

Molly,

Just want to say, how sorry I am for your loss of a wonderful friend and "employee" for your farm. Obviously there is no way you will ever totally replace Kate.

I held off posting because I thought someone in the Texas area would respond.....but since they haven't.......

You might try Quarter Moon Farm as a place to inquire. Sandii Turner breeds Anatolians, Great Pyrs and crosses, but she isn't in Texas. She IS a poster and a sponsor on LB. Larry and I think very highly of her, if that helps.......

MA

Molly,

Just want to say, how sorry I am for your loss of a wonderful friend and "employee" for your farm. Obviously there is no way you will ever totally replace Kate.

I held off posting because I thought someone in the Texas area would respond.....but since they haven't.......

You might try Quarter Moon Farm as a place to inquire. Sandii Turner breeds Anatolians, Great Pyrs and crosses, but she isn't in Texas. She IS a poster and a sponsor on LB. Larry and I think very highly of her, if that helps.......

MA

MA...I emailed Molly shortly after she posted, and gave her a lead on an Anatolian that was not too far from her there in Texas. I just bought one from the same farm, so knew the pups were there near her. I heard from the breeder today, that Molly bought the last female! I have been watching this thread, excited and anxiously waiting to hear back from Molly and see pics of her new "bundle of joy"!!!

HURRY UP MOLLY!!!! I want to see the baby!!
default_yes.gif
:

:aktion033: Yay! Thanks for the update, Mona. Looking forward to seeing a puppy pic!

MA

Latest posts

Back