An unexspected new mare.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

End Level Farms

Reaction score
A friend of mine called me up and she had a really nice unregistered mini B mare. That I have liked for a long time.

She doesn't want to be breeding minis any more.

So she gave me the little mare. She has a foal at foot who will be weaned at the end of November.

Now I always just assumed she was a bay. But she has a doral stripe and dapples and doesn't really look like a bay any longer. (At least not a typical bay)

We do not know who or what color her parents are.

She is now suspecting her to carry the Sooty Gene.

I dont know much about the Sooty Gene at all. But I have only seen it in reference to Buckskins and Palominos. And after doing a search for Sooty Buckskins she definitely IMO looks like they do.

She has had 2 foals we know of a bay (Bred to a bay stallion) And a Black (Bred to the same bay Stallion)

She is NOT CLIPPED at all. In fact is pretty wild. Doesn't socialize with people at all.

candy4.jpg

candy2.jpg

Still with winter hair.

Candy.jpg

So what color is she?

not sure her color,but she is pretty.

wish she was register
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
She may be a brown or a brown buckskin. She could still be just a dark or sooty bay though.

My bays always get dapples just shows a healthy horse

I say shes bay
default_smile.png

Yes, I agree she looks bay to me too. She is healthy looking, so shiney and pretty. Nice baby too.

Very pretty girl--too bad she's not registered! Love her color (whatever it may be!)

She looks like my bay mare. She always gets the daple look to her coat in the summer too. Like someone else said, just healthy horse. My palomino mare has the same thing going on with her coat.

Marsha

I think she is what is known as a dark bay or brown. She is such a beautiful mare. She should throw some wonderful driving prospects for you. Registered or not, we do have an active VSE contingent for the ADS up here in the Northwest. Your market will not be as big as if they were registered. If she were mine, I'd tame that pretty girl and teach HER to drive!!!! Then take her to some of our nice CDEs up here!

Im not disappointed either way.

Her foals by my stallion can be registered Pinto regardless as to whether they are colored or not.

Shes a beautiful mare and makes me think she has breeding there SOMEWHERE. You dont get something that pretty or well put together with out having SOMETHING behind you.

Click Mini

My plan is exactly that. Tame her and drive her. Every time I see her move it makes me itch to drive her. And she throws it in her foals too. Not a fancy high stepping single trot but the most amazing ground covering extension I think I have seen on anything so short. Makes me think of the big dressage horses.

She will be coming in November or when the snow clears in the spring. Due to the lady even delivering her to me once she weans the baby.

Nice looking mare you are getting there.

Now, this may be crazy, and Im probaby wrong, but because you live in BC, I have to ask, who are you getting her from, or where exactly, she looks and sounds just like a mare I know that is also unregistered outside of my town of Salmon Arm.

If you wouldn't mind PMing me about it, it would be nice, you know me, I'll wonder till I go out and see her
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back