AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too would like this answer but in addition, could someone explain the term "closing its books"?

Does that refer to hardshipping only? They will no longer allow horses to be hardshipped in?

Or is there more to that phrase?

Technically speaking AMHR has already "closed" its books, that is no horse can be hardshipped on height only, it must already be registered as an AMHA, ASPC, or Fallabella. Though truely closing the books would mean no hardshipping of any kind.

AMHR has always tried to be accommodating to registering most small equine... starting with the Shetlands and going to the Miniatures, and then creating the American Show Pony and National Show Pony registries. I can't see them truly "closing their books" any time soon... they still allow Registered animals from other Registries, whether it's their own or a couple of others already mentioned.

Anything you may have heard otherwise is purely a rumor.

Andrea

Thank goodness for that, I've got five mares I want to bring from AMHA to AMHR in the next 3 years. Would like to do it slowly to ease the financial burden.

amanda

hey

i have a 2 yr filly,i would like to hardship her. she will be 3 yrs old in 2011. Will i be able to hardship her into amhr in 2011 or do i have wait to 2012? I just hardship this filly dam into AMHR this year 2010.The filly sire is amha only, so if i understand it right i still have to hardship the filly.

hey

i have a 2 yr filly,i would like to hardship her. she will be 3 yrs old in 2011. Will i be able to hardship her into amhr in 2011 or do i have wait to 2012? I just hardship this filly dam into AMHR this year 2010.The filly sire is amha only, so if i understand it right i still have to hardship the filly.
Horses can be hardshipped into AMHR at ANY age, provided they have AMHA papers. They do not have to wait till a certain age.

Melissa--you can register your filly in 2010 as a two year old, you don't have to wait until she is 3. AMHA horses can hardship in at any age, it is only the ASPC ponies that must wait until they are 3 to get AMHR papers.

Thank goodness for that, I've got five mares I want to bring from AMHA to AMHR in the next 3 years. Would like to do it slowly to ease the financial burden.
amanda
I feel the same way. As of yesterday (because I sold my only R only horse), all of my Miniature Horses are AMHA only except for one of my geldings that is both A and R and I would really like to put my stallion and both of my mares into R. That's going to cost me, what? $800? For a stallion and two mares? It will be worth it, but...ouch!

I feel the same way. As of yesterday (because I sold my only R only horse), all of my Miniature Horses are AMHA only except for one of my geldings that is both A and R and I would really like to put my stallion and both of my mares into R. That's going to cost me, what? $800? For a stallion and two mares? It will be worth it, but...ouch!
Don't forget that that is in addition to regular registration fees, which will be $60 each if they are over 3 years old.

Latest posts

Back