AMHR Transfer ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherry

Reaction score
When transferring a permanent broodmare that I just bought into my name for AMHR do I need to have current photographs to go with the signed transfer?

IF there are pictures on her registration paper already, than no. IF there are not any pictures on her registration paper, than yes.

Thanks for the info.
default_saludando.gif

Sherry I was told you have to send 4 pictures every time you do a transfer. On the transfer form it says to send 4 pictures.

The last set of papers that I transferred the horses pictures were already on the papers and I was making no changes just the transfers of ownership and the office accepted me just sending in the transfer with no new pictures.

Sherry I was told you have to send 4 pictures every time you do a transfer. On the transfer form it says to send 4 pictures.
This is so for AMHA transfers, but not AMHR. Once the horse is already in the photo registration system and has the photo papers, you don't need to send new pics with every transfer. You CAN if you like, and you can ask them to switch out the pics when you do the transfer, but it is not required. I am speaking here from first hand information from when I called AMHR myself to ask this same question awhile back on one of my horses. This is what they told me, so is "straight from the horse's mouth" so to speak.
default_yes.gif

well shoot when I called the office months ago, I was told you had to send them every time a horse transfers owners. So I have been sending them. Honestly sending pictures every time makes more sense to me, but hey if not I will stop sending them. I wonder then why the transfer form says to send 4 pictures?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my papers back on our new shetland colt and I didn't send pictures for either his AMHR papers or his ASPC papers and I got them both done. So no, you don't need pictures unless you want to update the ones already on the papers.

She is a older mare and her previous owner had her for a very long time so there is no pictures showing on her AMHR papers so I would assume then I would have too?? Fairly positive that she has been registered AMHR permanent way before pics were required. I just didn't really want to send in one with the winter woolies (ok who am I kidding....I just didn't want to have to take pics in the cold
default_laugh.png
)

This was brought up at the convention this year. If there are already pictures, as Irish Hills said, you DO NOT need to send any pictures in, no matter what you are doing. Anything you are sending work in for, if there are NO pictures on the papers, you DO have to send pictures.

Pam

Latest posts

Back