AMHR Paperwork

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
Impatient little booger that I am. . .I figured I'd ask anyways
default_biggrin.png

I sent off my AMHR paperwork (last minute stallion report, owner transfers, temperary to permenant, application for registration and my one year membership) to the headquarters on January 15th (thank God I got there in time for it to be postmarked the 15th so I didn't have to pay the late stallion report filing fee LOL) and I got the green slip back yesterday saying they received it & signed for my package of paperwork on January 19th. . . .

So if my paperwork is already there and such since the 19th, how long do you think it will be before I get my paperwork back? I definately realize this is a busy time of year and everything but I was just curious about a general time frame. I've always heard that AMHR is pretty good about getting paperwork back in a timely fashion but would like to know your experiences.

Thanks,

Katie

This time of year the office is swamped. I'd feel lucky if I got paperwork back within 30 days.

That's why I try - note TRY - to get my paperwork done in November. I did this year and got my stuff back in 10 days.

I sent in 1 registration, one transfer, and one update temporary to permanent on 12/29. I got papers back yesterday, 1/25. My temp to perm said not valid after 12/31/09, but they charged me the fee for expired certificate, even though I sent it in before it expired.

That's a lot of paperwork (it sounds like). I usually send one thing in at a time (3 minis at the moment...), and I get it back within 3 weeks. If I had to send a bunch of stuff in, I'd be happy to get it all back within 6 weeks.

I sent in a registration to AMHR on January 3rd, I just called the office today to check since it still hasnt been completed and I have a show comming up the second week of Febuary and they told me it was entered in the system on January 19th and is now in the pile of paperwork that is waiting to be completed.... They said chances are I wouldnt have it back by the show unless I pay a rush fee... which would be the second one I would have to pay on this horse since I had already sent it in once at the beginning of December with a rush and had it sent back to me saying the breeder of the colt had to sign a stallion service certificate.. Now that I had the stallion cert, I sent it back and here I still wait
default_wacko.png

When I sent it in back in December, I sent a couple items rush and some in the same envelope on a different work order that wasnt rush and I had the non-rush back about a week after the rush.... which total time was only 2 weeks from the time I sent it in to when I got them back.. which was alot faster than this one....

So chances are, If they got it on January 19th, Your probably looking at atleast a month before you get it back...

I mailed two transfers and my annual memberships to AMHR and AMHA on Dec 15 and still haven't got anything back from either!!
default_wacko.png

LIke many people I sent my stuff the last week of December. I knew by doing that it would take longer then normal because everyone does that LOL. I just got mine back a couple days ago. You can go look on horsestudbook.com and see if your paper was processed. I saw that mine had been done about a week ago so I knew I would be getting them soon.

We really cant blame the registry that so many of us wait till the last minute and flood them with papers all at once. I know I sent something in Oct and got it back so fast it was amazing LOL. Guess that is their dead time.

My temp to perm said not valid after 12/31/09, but they charged me the fee for expired certificate, even though I sent it in before it expired.
I have been told that on papers they do not go by the postmark date. So it would have had to be IN THE OFFICE before 12/31. They were closed many days that week for holidays so chances are your papers were not in the office before 12/31. I had a friend call me with that very question in a panic. I told her there was no way she could get that paper there before 12/31 so she better just include the late fee
default_smile.png

Just got in touch with them, and found out that they are just now working on paperwork that was filed on January 12th and so it will be a little while before they get to mine. However, I do now have access to the members area!

I am so happy that after several years of being "on the outside" I am finally a first-time member
default_biggrin.png
!

I sent in a transfer, stallion report, and two foal registrations (yep I was late registering babies this year) on December 22nd and got them all back about 2 weeks ago
default_smile.png

I mailed two transfers and my annual memberships to AMHR and AMHA on Dec 15 and still haven't got anything back from either!!
default_wacko.png

Whoo hoo!!!
default_new_multi.gif
My AMHR paperwork came back today!! Two months and three days since I sent it!! My AMHA came back a couple of weeks ago. So I guess AMHA is quicker as I mailed them both on the same day.

I sent in my AMHR membership on Jan. 18th and they processed it on Jan. 27th--my card arrived here in the mail a couple weeks ago. I was surprised that it was so quick, because I figured this would be a very busy time of year for them.

I also sent stuff in in mid January and wondered where my papers were, as my neighbor, who sent some in in December, got theirs back in about 3 weeks. Must be the first of the year rush and extra stuff that sets them more behind. That is ok... at least I know I am not the only one, LOL My neighbors AMHA papers were a few days slower, but not by much at all. Guess this year I should NOT wait til a busy time of year before sending stuff in.
default_wacko.png

That is ok though, no big rush. I am sure they will be done soon. Our first show is not til April so we are ok.

Latest posts

Back