AMHR Nationals - Youth Classes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphahorses

Reaction score
I guess it is not unusual for a horse to be "used" by a judge but not place in the class. Would be nice if these were recognized with an honorable mention in the youth classes. Personally, I don't think it needs to be done for Open or Amateur classes.

Just a suggestion. I have no youth, so nothing to gain or lose by this except that I believe encouraging youth helps everyone.

At pinto world, they call out the individual placings first off of each judges card and then call out the official average placings. They have large rosettes for the average placings and you can go up to the office and pick up smaller ribbons for the individual placings.

I see your point but then that could leave other kids out totally. I think kids are better about it then most adults to be honest. Kids get a ribbon or dont and most come out still thinking they have the best horse in the world and maybe they will get a ribbon next time. Seems IMO anyway alot of us adults could take a lesson or two from the kids

At pinto world, they call out the individual placings first off of each judges card and then call out the official average placings. They have large rosettes for the average placings and you can go up to the office and pick up smaller ribbons for the individual placings.
I didn't realize that Pinto World did this. I think this is an awsome idea!

Pam

At AMHA World, for the Youth 7 and Under only, they give every child a ribbon. First they individually call out those that didn't go Top Ten and give them all a participation ribbon "for doing a great job" or something like that, I don't really remember what it is, then they announce the Top Ten. By the time the child is old enough to do the 8-12, most of them (I hope) understand that not everyone gets a ribbon.

I understand this isn't quite what the OP is talking about, but it falls in with what Lisa said about leaving some kids out.

Latest posts

Back