AMHR Nationals 25th Anniversary Celebration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormy

Reaction score
Was wondering since I couldn't be there and never heard anything....how was the anniversary celebrated? I had heard there was supposed to be a display and cake or something??? Would love to hear!

I would love to hear a update about that as well
default_yes.gif

Since I was working at the shop to help support our Royalty out in the alley way, I never heard it announced. It was somewhere upstairs near the AMHR table. They did have the leftover cake down by the office a day or so later so I did get some and it was yummy.

I saw part of the display after it was taken down and was sad to see that people had actually TAKEN photos off the display for themselves. I hope they figured that the Registry had put this display together so it was "fare game" to remove some of it. However, Amy Roberts-Clark and a few others actually did the work on this. A lot of time and effort was spent and taking it apart caused hurt feelings.

I know that things "disappear" at Nationals (unfortunately I had a couple of things "walk away" this year) but I would hope that people wake up soon and realize WE, as an organization, cannot allow this behavior to infiltrate our ranks the way it has society!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just heard about the theft of the photos today --and have to say....well, I initially thought it was a pathetic thing to take the photos....but I guess I would now have to say that it would likely be a good thing if pictures were not used without permission from the subjects in those photos. What is funny to some is offensive to others. Very unfortunate all around.

That is sad that people just walk up and take things at shows but it happens I think at all horse shows. I had my horse leased out at a barn to two little girls and I allowed them to use my stubben jumping saddle and county competitor dressage saddle since he was use to those and of course are not cheap by any means.

Well during a horse show they had at their barn, my stubben "walked away". So someone went into the tack room during the show and stole it right out of there and no one was the wiser till the girls went to take up for the jumper class and it was gone. Lets just say she had to pay me 1/2 of what the saddle was worth cause it was used, but I was never able to replace it because over the years the prices have gone up.

So i am overly cautious at shows and lock up everything even if im going away for a second. Ive had to much grown legs and walk away. I also show cars and I have had things walk away and I have even heard of trophies that are displayed around cars get picked up and walked away with, its just insane.

If anyone has photos or a story about the celebration I'd really love to see or hear a update.

So was the display to be saved and someone or several people took it apart before the people who put it up could come remove it? Is that what you mean?

If there was a problem it's unfortunate all the way around. I know a lot of people worked very hard to make this a wonderful celebration of 25 years at Nationals, it's a shame if someone had to ruin it.

edit for update

I have it from good authority that NO PHOTOS WERE USED WITHOUT PERMISSION so we can just not speculate on that at all anymore.

If anyone has any fun stories or photos to show to us who could not be there please do!
default_yes.gif

Apparently some of the photos "stolen" were those TAKEN BY ME and were sent BY ME to Michelle Presley who was the 25th anniversary chair, for the display. Some of you have gotten to know me and a lot of the Ol' Broodmare Roundup members.....and at one point there was formed the Ol' Broodmare Roundup Association (Ol' B.R.A.). And as many of you know, we are a bunch of middle aged women who like to let our hair down (along with members of the Flamingos) during Liberty night at Nationals. I have copies of the pictures stored on my computer - so no big deal. And anyone who found them offensive (i.e., a bunch of old BRAs) Well...all I can say is that someone's knickers are in a twist and should be loosened up. Said with a grin and laugh.

Here is a update. I was excited to see some of the photos so wanted to share them. A lot of work went into this so I'd like for people who may not have seen it to be able to.

AMHR Nationals 25 year celebration
Submitted by: Michele Presley chairman of the 25th anniversary committee.

The celebration display consisted of five tri-fold boards....Michele made four of them and the fifth one contained photos and stories sent by Amy Roberts.

The first board consisted of a map of the USA, detailing the five sites that have hosted AMHR Nationals:

Columbus, Ohio;

Little Rock, Arkansas,

Gordyville USA near Rantoul, Illinois,

Midway Expo Center in Columbia, Missouri and

Expo Square in Tulsa.

Map.jpg

The second board consisted of photos and text sent by Hal and Deb Bryant featuring their beautiful hitches and also included the memories submitted by Curt and Pam Ford.

2.jpg

The third board consisted of photos and text sent by Jean Barnhill - candid photos taken in both Columbia, Missouri as well as Tulsa - most of them were taken on Liberty night.

3.jpg

The fourth board consisted of photos and text sent by Belinda Bagby of "The Scooter Gang" as well as photos and descriptions sent by Beth Booker of the Southern Miniature Horse Confederation in Mississippi.

4.jpg

The fifth board was a "Do you remember?" board of stories and photos sent by Amy Roberts. It featured some members who have passed on as well as get well wishes for Larry Parnell, who wasn't able to attend Nationals this year as he is recovering from a recent illness.
Most, if not all photos on this board came from previous editions of "The Journal".

There were also 3 photo albums, belonging to Amy Roberts, which were on display on the table, along with three framed photos. These were her own personal property....and used with her permission.

Cake and other desserts were served from 7 - 8 p.m. on Monday during Liberty classes by Zona Schneider, Jill Gleason and Michele Presley. A good time was had by all!

Thank you to everyone who submitted photos and stories, to those who helped with the celebration and to those who donated money in support of the anniversary celebration. It was fun.

Thank you for posting that Debby, we didn't get to go. Very nice display!
default_thumbup.gif

Back