AMHR Draft Classes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't say I was against the hitch wagons; just that it is hard to feel competitive if your pocketbook doesn't equal the high bar. I respect the Bryant's and others that show and have been able to reach that "look". My husband has shown hitch in our area. He's not new to it. We just haven't had the means to go to Nationals or show all over. But our old team qualified for Nationals numerous times and where All-Star Champions and Reserves in hitch and chariot a number of times too. I would LOVE to see my husband with a wagon like that. And maybe the Lord will bless him with one some day. In the meantime-as I had stated- we will still enjoy participating (new team coming up). And to the original thread: YES! We would love to see and do more with Draft and Hitch!

If your husband has carpentry skills, he could build a wagon for you. Wheels can be purchased, as can the axles. My Hubbs rebuilt a buggy for me and now we are refinishing a wagon I inherited. The plan is to build one from scratch in a couple years!

He absolutely definitely has the skills-but absolutely no time. He usually works 50-60 hours a week that includes the evenings and weekends. The time he has off he uses to work his horses (rare-so I have to do a lot). It didn't use to be like that-as most of us well know. A shame. And he enjoys them so much. But, as I said already, we still enjoy them, whatever we hitch them to.

Back