AMHR Convention Reno

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filipowicz Farm

Reaction score
Would love to meet the people who have posted on the forum. Who is going to the convention? Leaving early on Nov 8th for Reno. I am very excited except for the plane flight and all the changes.I fly out of Flint Mich to Chicago to Sault Lake to Reno. Looking forward to meeting some of you. Everyone have a safe trip.
default_yes.gif
:

I'll be there! Some time early afternoon on the 8th.

Don't you just love that no matter what you do Reno requires changing planes? :new_shocked: I fly out of Minneapolis, have a layover in Las Vegas and then on to Reno. On the way home I get to lay over in Denver.

I am coming, am flying out on the 8th, but won't arrive until later that day. My flights are pretty easy, out of Little Rock, to Dallas and onto Reno...

count me in, my husband and I will be there, we will be donating a Breeding to Geshan for the Trainers auction.

Well I had planned on going and was so very excited... however my naughty dogs had a hmmmm shall we say FLING while I was at Nationals and we are expecting puppies on the 9th so I have to be here for puppy stare

I wish! I won't count it out (flights to Reno are typically very easy to get from here and very affordable), but I doubt it given the other things going on right now.
default_sad.png

Liz

I will be there...........I fly in late the evening of the 8th and fly out at 5 or something on Sunday after the Judges clinic.

I will be donating a breeding to Reflected Image FMF the 2002 National Congress Grand Champion Classic Stallion

This actually is Sawyer's dad. I'm here to encourage all of you attending the Reno convention to support a proposal to add Senior Jumping for people 50 years of age and older. The proposal was formally submitted for both the Under and Over divisions, but it needs support.

At 50, you become eligible to join AARP and play on the PGA Senior Tour, so it's the right age for Senior Jumping.

I believe many more fiftysomethings would compete in jumping if they had their own age group. Every year, the competitors seem to get younger and faster. There's Golden Age driving. Why not Senior Jumping?

ah Bob your just afraid that Zodiak is going to come kick your butt next year. :bgrin
default_yes.gif
:

Well, Sharon will be coming to the convention - she and a friend of ours are driving in and will be there the afternoon of th 7th. I won't be ablt to make it - I have a horse show (the Oregon Mountain Trail Horse Championship Show) to announce. Imagine that.

Wish I could be there too!

Mark

:aktion033: :aktion033:

I will be there also.

Judy Bakker & I are flying out of Buffalo on Nov. 8th & will get in late that night-- we fly to Phoenix & then on to Reno-- on the flight back on Sunday, we leave early morning but have a direct flight to Buffalo.

Nov. 8th is our wedding anniversary (our 48th) so John says I get to celebrate for both of us. LOL

I am always away for our anniversary -- so guess I will have to miss it in 2008.

Look forward to seeing everyone again.

Amy you share my parents anniversary, they will be married 31 years this year.

There will be 9 of us coming form Delaware.-4 adults and 5 teenagers.We are coming on Sat&sun and plan to be tourists before the meetings begin.We are all looking forward to our visit out west.

The D.M minis will be there. Will be getting in thu night and leveing on sun am.

We'll be there. Coming in Tuesday evening and leaving Sunday. We will have an empty horse trailer there if anyone needs a horse to go to the NW. Look forward to seeing everyone. I think the Golden Age jumping is a great idea. I can think of several that would participate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the senior jumping woudl draw a crowd of participants as well.

Hi Sawyers Dad,

Did you write the proposal for the Sr. Jumping? If so, can you post it here as written? Since the Journal will be late coming out, most of the proposals would be printed there for all to read.

I also have a few other questions....

Is this proposal for a required class or for it to be optional?

Is this proposal just for the Miniature Division or does it include the Shetland division?

Is this going to take place in 2007 or 2008?

These are some points that will be asked during the meeting where it will be presented.

Thanks.

Karen Shaw

Sawyer's dad again.

The rule proposal was simple and to the point. It was for Under and Over minis, and would take effect in 2007. It said:

JUMPING CLASSES IN UNDER AND OVER DIVISIONS FOR ADULTS AGES 50 and OLDER

And that's it.

Mike and I are going :saludando: We had a great time last year especially at (and after) the trainer's auction!

AMHRConvention2005.jpg

Note: There were not any purple items or stuffed ponies in our luggage going TO convention :new_shocked:

Latest posts

Back