Thank you for an enlightening AMHA Convention

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyo

Reaction score
Gary and I drove from Florida to Louisville for the AMHA Convention. We decided to drive and transport a few horses as well as some hay. On the way there we got to see Gerry & Buddy Morris from Footloose Pony Farm's place and see a few beautiful ponies. We delivered a beautiful pony gelding that originally belonged to Gerry but was being sold by Emily Conder to a very nice lady named Bonnie Bidwell from South Carolina. We then drove on to the Tennessee mountains where were got to visit the Wahl family farm. Mary, Ken & Mike were very gracious hosts and the few ponies and Morgan that we got to see were absolutely beautiful.

Once we arrived at the AMHA Convention we got to meet many of the big name trainers and amateurs. Gary & Lisa Barnes were very welcoming. Joanne Ross and Winona Kennedy made us feel very welcome at the banquet. The Banquet was lovely including the serenades by Ed Sisk, Mark O'Neal and a group of ladies who were determined that Earl must Die. Those of you who want more info about their performance should ask Angela of Minis out West or Jana from Double Diamond. We were very pleased to meet the Witt family and although the exhibition they wanted to sponsor didn't get approved it really generated excitement. We had a very nice dinner with Missy Richardson's (The AMHR AREA III Webmaster and an advertiser on here for body builder and rose oil) parents along with Mike Wahl. Overall, it was great to put names with faces. Everyone was very willing to answer questions. I was impressed with the truly open nature to the general meeting. If you wanted to speak you simply went up to a mic. The President repeatedly asked if there were any other issues or concerns before adjourning or moving on.

The AMHA Convention for next year is in San Antonio. If you cannot attend please communicate your ideas and concerns to those people on committees and your Directors. They really do put forward the things that have been communicated to them, I saw it first hand in the committee meetings and general meetings that I attended.

I apologize for my very tired memory and I know that I have forgotten names of many other wonderful people that we met. The AMHA staff worked tirelessly to make things run well.

Ruth

You had some trip Ruth! Sounds like u had a great time. Thanks for all the info.

Glad to hear you had such a great time and met so many nice people. That's one of the best parts of minis I think - the nice people.
default_smile.png

And Ed's not a bad singer! I've heard him a few times and he can actually sing!
default_thumbup.gif

I am so glad you enjoyed the experience. Wish I had met you.

I have to say the banquet was the best one I had ever attended. The conga line looked like fun, and the limbo was fun to watch as well. I have to say job well done for adding a DJ to the party!!

Latest posts

Back