AMHA...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigeresss

Reaction score
Deffinetly am not bashing AMHA here but I'm wondering if there's any particular reason it is $90.00 american to become a member? I am a part of three other registries and only had to pay about $20.00 american to become a member to those other registries...what's the deal?

Biggest part covers the MHW magazine which was discussed in great detail in a recent thread on this forum.

For new membership it's 95 which includes the MHW at 45 for 6 issues. To renew is only 75 includes the 45 for MHW all in US funds a pain if exchange is poor which does boost you well over a hundred bucks pretty easy every year. Postage because in this country is out of this world because of our greedy system is also factored in but if you break it down l don't think it's all that much.

Even including the mag, I dont know of ANY registry that charges this much to join. It's ridiculous. And some folks dont want the magazine. This is not any way to encourage membership in my opinion.

The additional the first year covers all the extras you should receive with your first membership. ie copies of breeders lists, breed information and adding you to all the data banks. It is also an incentive to not let your membership lapse. It was forgiven last year for renewing members.

It also includes a spouse for free if requested.

BTW its $95.00 in Canada $75 in USA. I would suppose the extra covers cost of mailing Miniature Horse World outside of the country.

mistyrose said:
The additional the first year covers all the extras you should receive with your first membership. ie copies of breeders lists, breed information and adding you to all the data banks. It is also an incentive to not let your membership lapse. It was forgiven last year for renewing members.
It also includes a spouse for free if requested.

BTW its $95.00 in Canada $75 in USA. I would suppose the extra covers cost of mailing Miniature Horse World outside of the country.

490865[/snapback]

Oh my gosh..I paid $40 for Pinto (come with 1 year magazine) Paint $20 member and skipped journal this year..

Being that I just bought 2 mini's. Does that mean I have to become a AMHR member to get my mini's transfered into my name? ouch..

Shasta,

You don't have to join AMHR or AMHA to have horses transfered into your name, like you would in some breeds (Arab) but it is more expensive to do as a non -member.

Mistyrose,

I was always under the impression that you had to be an AMHR member to have any paperwork done with them, Infact, on my work order forms (just looked), It says "Current Membership Required for Registry work", which includes, Transfers, Registratrion and all that other paperwork we do on a regular basis... To my knowledge, nothing has changed....

I have sent in Transfers on two horses before and they refused to do them until my membership was renewed, needless to say I had to renew to get the work done.... for AMHA it dosent matter, they just charge you more for being a non member...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back