AMHA World sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow.. My new colt's sire just sold for $52,000 to France! :new_shocked: :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been hit and miss with the prices....phone call from Worlds, catching up on things...

anyway

Lot 66 went for 19,800....

hopefully someone who caught all the prices will post when its over

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.. this sale was not promoted very well... I never knew where the horses were pictured and described till now....
default_unsure.png
:

I think MareStare should run it next year.. (hint, hint, hint)
default_yes.gif
: They do a great job and promotion!
YES!!! Definitely!!

I hate not being able to watch because I'm not about to give someone a credit card number. I loved the way the reece sale was.
default_yes.gif
:

I agree Mary Lou. I was much happier with Mare Stare. I loved the Reece Sale. I actually think that Mare Stare should shoot for the entire World Show Cams. I do believe that they are the best. :aktion033:

Good price for lot 66. Would be interested to know if France purchased or ? The foal should be really really nice.

Hopefully someone will post all the prices. It is nice to know and track.

Thanks guys! I quoted them but they wanted the online bidding (credit card required) because they felt they would have more sales. I disagree - I feel that phone bidding is better and more secure. Plus I feel it severely restricted the sales by requiring a credit card just to watch. How many of you may have tuned in just to watch and then decided to call in and bid? You didn't get that opportunity if you couldn't see the feed. (when I logged in there were 11 viewers)

I must say that although it was choppy - it was clear and the sound was good.

Who knows...maybe next year?
default_smile.png

And the Prince mare - oh well. I will get to watch her foal and see that foal show next year :aktion033: Looking forward to my three Prince foals.....(fillies just like Kitty's) :bgrin

I agree about the web cam. Even on my dial up I was able to watch the Reece auction. I would think the more people you have watching the better the chance you get someone that might bid.

Did anyone get the price of 64? I owned a son of hers and just noticed she was in the sale.

I am glad you are keeping the mare. I think when the foal comes you will be tickled PINK. I have a name already picked out for Lass's foal- ZW Princess Dianna (now watch it will be a boy and he will look pretty weird with that name :bgrin )

And Dinah- that's another story and her foal filly or colt by Prince will be ZW Breaking the Bank
default_wacko.png
: with the nickname Traveler
default_yes.gif
: If Stacy doesn't get to attached to Dinah on me. Dinah is one of my favorite girls.

And I agree, if people could watch and you are familiar with the bloodlines and horses ect, you may have thought WHAT THE HECK and bidded. I have been known to do that a couple of times :eek:

Thanks guys! I quoted them but they wanted the online bidding (credit card required) because they felt they would have more sales. I disagree - I feel that phone bidding is better and more secure. Plus I feel it severely restricted the sales by requiring a credit card just to watch. How many of you may have tuned in just to watch and then decided to call in and bid? You didn't get that opportunity if you couldn't see the feed. (when I logged in there were 11 viewers)

I must say that although it was choppy - it was clear and the sound was good.

Who knows...maybe next year?
default_smile.png

And the Prince mare - oh well. I will get to watch her foal and see that foal show next year :aktion033: Looking forward to my three Prince foals.....(fillies just like Kitty's) :bgrin
I agree with the phone bid vs online bid. EVERYONE watched the reece sale, and so many people (myself included) were sitting on their hands and some bid anyway! with this one, you can't even watch the thing, i think that decreased the sales.

I hope marestare gets it next year!

I went to the sale - they did mention several times that horses sold to internet bids, so there must have been a few bidders willing to sign up. Does seem limiting though, I'd have watched on the internet had we not been here but probably would not have given a card #.

Some nice horses, pretty good prices on average I thought. I only seriously sat on my hands 2 or 3 times though :bgrin

I do have prices through #68 if they aren't up here.

Jan

The sale was a lot of fun and most of the horses brought decent prices. High selling stallion was Spectacular Bey for 52,000.00 lot 20, high selling filly was 19,800.00 lot 66 LM Hawks Gypsey Rose, high selling mare was for 15,000.00 lot 28 sub.. Our filly brought 8,800.00 which was fine and she is going home with a vet. that attended from up North.

The Cockatoo is going to Cherryville Farms, as if I needed another bird and lot 37 a Cowboy daughter is also as if we needed another durn horse.
default_smile.png

All in all they sold 62 out of the 73 horses for an average of a little over 6,400.00 Which is up a little from last year. The food was great and we had fun as usual.

I was really glad to see Spectacular Bey sell for as much as he did as we can now price our stallion See Me Shine who is a full brother for insurance purposes. LOL

Wish everyone could have been here.

:aktion033:

It was so fun... I did have to sit on my hands, under strict instructions from my hubby I was not allowed to impulse shop tonight :bgrin

Missing from tonight's list of auctions posted I think are as follows:

Lot 32 $7500

Lot 33 $8500

Lot 34 $7000

Lot 48 $5000

Lot 49 $5800

Lot 50 $4000

Lot 51$ 29,500

Lot 52 $3400

Lot 53 $8700

Lot 54 $2400

Lot 55 $6000

Lot 56 $4700

Lot 57 $5200

Lot 58 $5000

Lot 59 $5000

Lot 60 $4500

Lot 61 $2200

Lot 62 I think was a no sale

Lot 63 $5000

Lot 64 Substitue was no sale at 6600 I think

Lot 65 $4300

Lot 66 $ 19,800

Lot 67 $2200

Lot 68 $4900

Lot 69 $4500

Lot 70 Substitute sold $20,00

Lot 71 $14,00

Lot 72 $4000

Lot 73 $2000

I think these are right. But it was a ton of fun. This is my first trip to Worlds and well worth it!!!!! :bgrin

Did I read that right? A Buckeroo son for $5,000????

sadly that might be true. I wish that the world show could made a mag just for the world show sale becauuse then alot of thm would be promotd better.

Hey Shadow! They do create a very professional and beautiful book that is passed out at the show. I'm not sure but I think they also had a website showing all the horses/items that were for sale.

Latest posts

Back