AMHA Transfer Question-Temporary to permanent

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.


Well-Known Member
Aug 17, 2003
Reaction score
I bought a horse that was AMHA registered and was not brought permanent by its previous owner at the age of 5 because the papers were lost. The horse is now 10 years old and the papers have been found and given to me with a signed transfer. What is the process now to bring this horse AMHA permanent status and get the horse transfered to my name, and what is the additional charges involved, if any? Do I just send in the transfer, papers, new photos, etc. as with any transfer and temperary to permanent form? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Pretty much, that's it...........of course, it will cost you a big extra fee
It should only cost you $50 temp to perm for a mare and $100 if it's a stallion. Plus your transfer. Just send it in like any other.

Latest posts