AMHA question about height

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.T

Reaction score
Hi Can anyone answer my question about AMHA height requirements? What is the tallest you can show a yearling at? and when they are 2, are there any restrains on their height? and so on. So basically what I want to know is at each age what is the tallest they can be. I know the limit is 34", but what are the limit for each age? because i know they don't stop growing till they are about 5, and I think they don't get there official amha papers till a certain age.

Weanlings: 30''

Yearlings: 32''

2 year olds: 33''

Thats the highest they can be in each class

they dont get there official AMHA papers until there 5, but i heard that they are trying to change that so they get there offical papers at 3 (please correct me if im wrong)

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting January 1, 2010 you can take your horses permanent on their 3rd birthday. You don't have to do it however until the date listed on the temporary papers. Any horses born after 1/1/2010 that date will be the 3rd birthday. You may not send them in until they have reached the actual date of their third birthday.

Remember you need to send the temporary papers with 4 pictures. 2 front (forlock pulled to the side) 1 left and 1 right side. Make sure the whole hoof shows. The costs are listed on the work order. All forms can be obtained at http://www.amha.org

Most forms can be filled out on screen and then printed to send. It makes them much easier to read.

Latest posts

Back