AMHA PRESIDENT RESPONSE LETTER TO

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why??

You brought in the present rules and they cannot be enforced!!

WHY does it take so long to bring in a new rules- ,make and amendment and get that changed, straight off.

I cannot see any reason whatsoever- except all the wrong reasons, for the systems to be in place that are in place.

Scrap them- chuck them out, start again.

What you have got is not only not working it is not what the membership want, and before you ask how would I know- and how would the AMHA know what the membership want- they don't listen to them

AMHA is the membership! It takes so long to bring in a rule change because it is member driven. The directors and committee members are all volunteers. There are discussions between members at every show and club meeting that takes place. We all don't agree but we listen to each other and consider what the other person has said. At the board meetings even the ones that are not membership meetings, members can address the board. Directors read aloud letters they have recieved on a subject. If you want the members to have no say and a small ownership group to have complete control then things can be changed very fast. That is not the way we are set up.

There is no way to make everyone happy in a membership driven association. The best you can hope for is that everyone is just a little pleased and a little displeased.

By the way how do the equine clubs and associations in your country do thing?

I'm so glad that the AMHA President drafted such a thoughtful and informative repy. Well done. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

I understand there are issues with internet voting or mail in ballots. I think maybe a great compromise(for both AMHA and AMHR) is to be able to say take a poll call it instead of a vote so that it is very visable to the exec bod and directors what is really wanted by the majority that can not be at the conventions.

Lets be honest we all know the majority is never there it isnt really feasible not only for those that want to get there but for thousands and thousands to be sitting in meetings and such - imagine finding a facility for that!
default_wacko.png
:

But maybe if it was called a poll for now and people could say what they would prefer to see on an issue or a yes or no on a issue it will be very easy for not only general membership to see how many want something one way but for directors and exec BOD to see it as well.

This would give everyone a chance to be heard, and the BOD a chance to address those issues they see are most important to the majority.

Maybe it could be a "step" in the right direction to see what would happen with this and how this works and then eventually see if internet voting or something would work?

Just a suggestion

Thanks for posting this here Belinda.

I did receive this from AMHA and I'm glad to see Mike (and Dave Miller) had thoughtful responses to this.

People may not like the way AMHA handles rule/bylaw changes, but it could be like the last change that everyone has had a fit about with AMHR - change the farm reservation fee from $20 to $200 literally overnight. Members do have rights to present rule changes with both groups and the rules were set up the way they were for reasons.

It does take a long time to enact change, but would we want every new EC or BOD to make cavalier changes that we all had to live with or scream about?

The biggest issues that repeat annually are -

1. Measuring

2. A B size division for AMHA breed stock or whatever

3. Online/mail voting

Every time I've read the proposals, I couldn't agree with the majority a 100%. It has to be very simple, yet exact and not affect other rules/bylaws, etc., not an easy process.

I do admire those that work for change, and work on the committees and BOD/EC - it isn't any easy task and often goes unthanked or appreciated.

This ws a great response to the new so called international, american miniature horse alliance.

I also hve one more thing to say:

What would be the point of having an oversize registry in the AMHA, isn't that what the AMHR is for? If we have an oversize registry in the AMHA then what's the point?

Yes, thank you for posting Mr. Wants' reply and the information from Dave Miller there. I applaud the professionalism with which it was done and am thrilled to see the new changes and updates going on. I personally, will continue to support AMHA, and give thanks to those that truly spend their time to make it a functioning organization, whether they are paid or not. Having served on our state clubs BOD for 2 years I can tell you that it is not easy and cannot imagine trying to keep things running smoothly on a much grander scale!

It is impossible to make EVERYone happy at the same time- whether AMHA would reinstate the old oversize breeding stock rule or not does not matter to me. Yes, we have AMHR for the taller ones. I like AMHA for what it is, and I am sure it will continue to improve. Writing letters and providing direct feedback from all it's members would certainly assist them along their way.

President Wants message was not emailed to the membership or atleast not the entire membership unless it was a selct group. It was, however, posted on the AMHA website.

President Wants message was not emailed to the membership or atleast not the entire membership unless it was a selct group. It was, however, posted on the AMHA website.
Hi ,

I did say in my opening statement it was sent to the membership in which they had current email address !! I can assure you I am not in any special email group with Mr. Want !!!!
default_wink.png
: LOL !! You might want to contact the office and see if they have your current email address..

And also to add I am very good friend with many of the IAMHA group, but I feel NO MATTER what the story is BOTH sides should be heard..
default_yes.gif
:
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

Latest posts

Back