AMHA Pointed Shows???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minishowgirl

Reaction score
I have a yearling whos registered AMHA and she is just made for the ring! The three shows shes been to this year shes beat a bunch of seasoned horses and even beat my other mini whose been showing for 4 years! I want to do an AMHA pointed show and get her some points but do they have any in NY?? I just want to show in showmanship, obstacle, and maybe halter and some others.

The New England Miniature Horse Society is planning 4 shows for next year and I think 2 will be in central Mass, so maybe close enough for you? There is also a Tri State Club covering (I think) NY/NJ/CT that has shows in NY.

Do you have any contact info on the club that is in NY? I am looking to show my boy AMHA, and AMHR, as well as get active in the clubs. What about the NE club? I am a fellow NY'er looking for resources!

Thank you!
default_smile.png

Margot - are you active in the amhr club? Could you get me some info about showinf mini in ny? Thank you!

I believe one of the AMHA shows that the New England Miniature Horse Society is planning for 2013 is planned for NH, 2 in central MA, and one in RI. I "think" the one in NH might be a combined A & R weekend, or maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part! The central MA ones should be close to the Mass pike so pretty convenient to NY. That is assuming the plans all work out, of course.

There is an AMHR club in NY however last year they did not put on any shows. there is the Breeders show which is in Syracuse, a show in Lockport, a pointed R show at the Fair in Cobleskill and of course the NY State Fair show. One never knows from year to year for sure but these four shows have been around for awhile. there are both AMHA and AMHR shows all over New England and NY Pinto puts on four shows in Syracuse but of course your horse needs to be a pinto. there are usually two shows in NJ also.

My girls a pinto but shes not registered with the PtHA. How should I go about registering her pinto??

All the information and forms are at http://www.pinto.org. Minis don't have different "types" so you leave that part blank. The shows are fun! I haven't been to any in NY but most of the other mini people from New England have, and some of the NY people come to our shows so I am pretty sure the NY shows are fun too! And of course you can come to the New England pinto shows then too.

NY has awesome pinto shows - theres pretty good competitive mini turnout. Its a close knit group, and i have been showing it on and off since i was a youth. DO IT
default_smile.png
plus, they are reasonably priced. I paid for a 4 judge show, and all inclusive it was about $200.

I think it was about 120 for my stud. Its pretty painless. I'm on my phone or I'd send you the link!

I think it was about 120 for my stud. Its pretty painless. I'm on my phone or I'd send you the link!

Back