AMHA permanent registration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still say if your stallion isn't worth $60 to take permanent then he probably isn't worth breeding. If you are selling foals then you are making money with him. As for the fee, $10 goes to AMHA for paperwork and $50 goes to the Gelding Incentive Fund, this was done as a way to get people to geld more stallions. I dont' think anyone will disagree that there are to many breeding age miniature stallions in use today. A lot that shouldn't be reproducing those 15 - 20 or more foals a year. Yes there are mares out there that shouldn't be reproducing either, but they only have one a year, just harder to do anything about. So bottom line if you don't want to pay $60 to take a stallion permanent, then either geld him or raise unregisterable foals, its totally your choice.

And now in speaking of you and your, this is not to anyone in particular, just in general, I am not directing this to any one person.

The AMHA sends lots of money home with gelding owners.

AMHA Gelding Incentive Fund

The AMHA Gelding Incentive Fund (GIF) provides a unique opportunity for Youth and Amateur exhibitors to increase the value of their geldings through competition. This distinctive program offers cash awards to the Top Ten placements in thirteen specific classes at the World Show and six point placing in performance divisions. They are as follows:

HALTER CLASSES

* Amateur Junior Geldings, Levels 1 & 2

* Amateur Senior Geldings, Levels 1 & 2 (30" & Under, Over 30-34")

* AOTE Geldings (Jr. Geldings & Sr. Geldings)

* Youth 13 Years & Older Exhibiting a Senior Gelding

* Youth 8-12 Years Exhibiting a Senior Gelding

* Youth 7 Years & Under Exhibiting a Senior Gelding

* Youth 13 Years & Older Exhibiting a Junior Gelding

* Youth 8-12 Years Exhibiting a Junior Gelding

* Youth 7 Years & Under Exhibiting a Junior Gelding

PERFORMANCE DIVISION

* Amateur Single Pleasure Driving

-- 10 highest placing Geldings in AOTE Single Pleasure Driving and Amateur Single Pleasure Driving Levels 1 & 2

* Amateur Country Pleasure Driving

-- 10 highest placing Geldings in AOTE Country Pleasure Driving and Amateur Country Pleasure Driving Levels 1 & 2

* Amateur Any Other Performance

– 10 highest placing Geldings in all other AOTE or Amateur performance classes including roadster, hunter, jumper, obstacle, and showmanship

* Youth Single Pleasure Driving -- 10 highest placing Geldings in Youth Single Pleasure Driving all age classes

* Youth Country Pleasure Driving -- 10 highest placing Geldings in Youth Country Pleasure Driving all age classes

* Youth Any Other Performance -- 10 highest placing Geldings in Youth Performance classes including roadster, hunter, jumper, obstacle, and showmanship

By offering cash awards in these classes, the program aims to increase the visibility and value of AMHA geldings in Youth and Amateur competition, therefore increasing the value of all AMHA geldings. Since the conception of the GIF Program, AMHA has paid out over $250,000.00.

Ultimate Gelding Awards

The Ultimate Gelding Awards are cash awards that will be presented each year at the AMHA Annual Meeting. Cash awards will be presented to the top five placings for each division, with recognition for places 6th-10th.

The awards are based on honor roll points and will be awarded in three divisions – youth, amateur and open. Points will follow the horse, and the cash award will be presented to the RECORDED owner as of 12/31 in the current show year.

There are six awards broken down by youth halter, youth performance (to include Special Needs Youth), amateur halter, amateur performance to include AOTE, open halter and open performance (to include Special Needs Adult).

Hmmm, good question Mary Lou!

Karen (minimomNC) since you were on the Gelding Incentive Committee in 2007-2008 you can probably tell us where that motion could be found in AMHA minutes? All I could find was on page 13 of the minutes of the 2007 Annual Meeting.

Gelding Incentive Fund Earleen Roberts gave the report and thanked the committee for their hard work. The committee recommends increasing the temp to perm fee by $10 for each category, the additional $10 fee would will be allocated to the Gelding Incentive fund. Membership passed.
I noticed in the 2008 rule book that the temp to perm fee for stallions was raised to $60, from the $50 fee in the 2007 rule book. The temp to perm fees were not raised on mares or geldings at all since at least 2003.

Please let me know where I can find this information you mentioned here, giving $50 to the Gelding Incentive Fund and $10 to AMHA for paper work on stallions brought temp to perm. That is a big loss of revenue for AMHA. Also why weren't the mare and gelding rates increased $10 as the minutes reported.

Thanks for your help, I always like to keep up to date on all rule changes.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My mistaken in typing, it is the other way around. The Gelding Incentive was trying to find other ways to increase the gelding of stallions and increase the payback to geldings. The Ultimate Gelding awards are self sustaining, they only pay back what is taken in from the entires. As for the minutes, they are not correct, the Gelding Incentive committee only asked for the increase in taking stallions temp to perm. We never asked for an increase for mares and sure wouldn't ask for an increase for geldings, that would have defeated our purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back