AMHA Look Up Please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whinruss

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to the forum, and, as of yesterday, I purchased my first mini since I was a teen. I bought a little 33" mare that can pull a cart and is just a doll. She is registered as white (which I didn't think was even a true color), but I really think she may be a light palomino. I was trying to look up the colors of her sire and dam, but I am not a member (yet!) of AMHA. I was wondering if someone who is a member would mind looking up the colors. Her sire is Red Roan Lad (I assume he is a red roan, but not positive), and the dam is Dorsas Tisket. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

There are two full sisters listed for Tisket, one in 1995 and the other in 1996. Tisket is listed as solid white, which back in 1988 could mean anything from cremello to pale palomino. It doesn't look like she could be double dulute, sire is Grullo, dam is chestnut. The 1995 daughter is listed at Red Roan, the 1996 daughter (I believe this is your mare) is listed as solid white. Not much help, both are sired by the same stallion and these are the only two offspring for both horses. The sire is listed as Red Roan, his sire is red roan, dam is listed as a dapple chestnut but more than likely silver bay. The colors listed on papers back then could mean almost anything. If I had to guess, I would say your mare is a very pale palomino.

Wow! Thank you for all the info! That is definitely helpful!

Welcome to the mini world!

Gray horses are often mis called roan early in life so maybe those 'roan' horses are actually gray which your mare could be also if she is now white.

Latest posts

Back