AMHA Late Stallion Report questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetheart

Reaction score
Hi!

For the first time ever I'm late sending in my AMHA stallion report :DOH! . I was filling out the work order form and noticed it says $25.00 for the late stallion report PLUS $10.00 per mare. Does that mean I have to pay $25.00 AND an additional $10.00 for every mare on it? Usually the on-time stallion report is just $10.00 with no extra per mare. I'll try calling the AMHA office tomorrow if I don't hear back from anyone, just thought I'd see if anyone knew the answer tonight.

Thanks for the advice!

sorry but you are correct late fee is $25.00 plus $10.00 per mare. if you have 3 mares the cost

would be

$25.00 plus another $30.00 = $55.00 total ...
default_no.gif

Wow, that is a pretty big price jump!
default_new_shocked.gif

Why do they charge so much for a late report?

Ugh, that's what I was afraid of :-(. My next question then is how late is too late? Does it make sense then to just wait until all my mares are foaled out and then send it in only for mares who had nice healthy babies and save the $$$ on mares that didn't take, etc.? I know $10 doesn't seem like much, but it can really add up when you have several mares!

Thanks,

~Allisa

sorry but you are correct late fee is $25.00 plus $10.00 per mare. if you have 3 mares the cost would be

$25.00 plus another $30.00 = $55.00 total ...
default_no.gif

yes you can do that, the foals just cannot be registered untill stallion report is done.

As long as you own the stallion should be fine. might save you a few $10.00 bills.

I know that with a stallion report on the Paso Fino cost a person $500.00 dollars for late fees for a mare that got bred without them knowing untill she foaled.

We bought the mare and foal years ago, but the owner did pay for the registration for the foal not expected. Stallion jump the fence and was taken out that same day, but did his job. They never thought he had time to breed this mare, untill she foaled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought that if the foal was already born before the stallion report was sent in , one would have to DNA the foal. I could be wrong on this of course, but that was the impression I got in the AMHA bylaws. Maybe someone can clarify that for me....

If you wait until the mares foal, you are going to have to PQ the foals also! Here is what the rulebook says....

"If submitted as a late report (after January 15th) the fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) filing fee plus ten dollars ($10.00) per mare must be PAID. All fees must be paid before the foaling date of a resulting foal or blood-typing/DNA-testing for parent qualification of the foal will be required for the foal to be considered for registration."

I would NOT wait any longer unless you want to have to PQ every foal you have before you can paper it! This rule has been in effect since January 2004. Make sure all your info is filled in and correct too, or that will cost you even more!

If you wait until the mares foal, you are going to have to PQ the foals also! Here is what the rulebook says....
"If submitted as a late report (after January 15th) the fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) filing fee plus ten dollars ($10.00) per mare must be PAID. All fees must be paid before the foaling date of a resulting foal or blood-typing/DNA-testing for parent qualification of the foal will be required for the foal to be considered for registration."

I would NOT wait any longer unless you want to have to PQ every foal you have before you can paper it! This rule has been in effect since January 2004. Make sure all your info is filled in and correct too, or that will cost you even more!
Hi Laurie,

That's what I though. I just wasen't 100% sure on the bylaws.

Yikes! Don't want to PQ every foal just to possibly save $10.00! I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay the late fees
default_crybaby.gif
. Thanks for all of your advice.

Let me ask this question. What if you have to add a mare to your stud report at a later time because the person you are leasing from didn't give you the name and numbers on time. I know now that I should have made her give me copies of their papers, but another lesson learned.

What would the charge be for adding a mare to the report that was sent in on time?

I think there is a different fee for an AMENDED report, but don't remember what it is.....

I have also a question,

What if you don´t can get the late stallion report, and only do PQ, can you register the horse then?

Claudia

lf there is no stallion report then no foal can be registered DNA or PQ won't help without that report on file..
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back